Rifles on your "want" list?

BK":1t5etc0q said:
Howdy fellas, long time no chat.

Wants: a heavy barreled .243 or .308, to drop in my McMillan A3 stock.
12 gauge autoloader with a 3" chamber... though I wouldn't turn down a Beretta 3-1/2" gun.

Missed you, Kurt. Good to see you posting again.

Tinkering with the idea of a 6x45 AR as well as a 300 Blackout.

I'd like to have a Sharps in 45-70/90/120 ?
An M1 Garand and an M1A
Flushed up on shotguns/handguns and 22s.
In fact I just had to buy another gun safe to store stuff in.

Thanks, guys. I expect I'll mostly be lurking for a while, but I appreciate the welcome back.

DrMike":3jgo6l8f said:
Don't believe him, Cheyenne! He'll hit me from behind, knock me down and sit on my back and shoot my bear, all the while hollering for me to be still! :lol:

Well ! in that case we are not taking this guy with us Dr mike

how about Guy or Scotty, they are both young strong men who could carry you to a good spot on the ice and then help me bring the bear to you. I am sure either or both of those fellows could keep up with me on snow shoes and more important ahead of the bear LOL

yukon huntress":1klogv9v said:
DrMike":1klogv9v said:
Don't believe him, Cheyenne! He'll hit me from behind, knock me down and sit on my back and shoot my bear, all the while hollering for me to be still! :lol:

how about Guy or Scotty, they are both young strong men who could carry you to a good spot on the ice and then help me bring the bear to you. I am sure either or both of those fellows could keep up with me on snow shoes and more important ahead of the bear LOL

Now that's funny!!

yukon huntress":kx1fgxrb said:
DrMike":kx1fgxrb said:

Done! I'll plant my spear and sing my death song when the bear comes. I don't run, because I can't. :shock: :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":119nbrh1 said:
Yeah - I surely don't "need" any more rifles - but there are a few I kind of "want." Not a real giant crazy want, just a normal, standard "gee that would be cool" kind of want...

Guy

+1.

I would like to pick up a decent .338 Win Mag to complete my "set" of .264 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, and 300 Win Mag. Nothing fancy, just a nice honest hunting rifle.

Also plan to pick up a Marlin XL-7 in 25-06 and maybe another XL or XS if I happen to come across some deals.

Ron

rjm158":3mkml9he said:
Guy Miner":3mkml9he said:
Yeah - I surely don't "need" any more rifles - but there are a few I kind of "want." Not a real giant crazy want, just a normal, standard "gee that would be cool" kind of want...

Guy

+1.

I would like to pick up a decent .338 Win Mag to complete my "set" of .264 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, and 300 Win Mag. Nothing fancy, just a nice honest hunting rifle. How about a 30-338 and then you would have the family of four all based on the 7mm Mag case? I"m just saying.... :grin: Or it's step-brother the 308 Norma mag which is the spitting image.

Also plan to pick up a Marlin XL-7 in 25-06 and maybe another XL or XS if I happen to come across some deals.

Ron

I think a .348 WCF in a Model 71 Winchester, a Sharps replica in .45 Government, and Grandpa Keith's .270 in Remington 721 along with Grandpa Duane's .30-06 (also in a 721) would top me off just fine.

Oh and another .22 L.R.

You can't ever have too many .22's

An 8X57, another 22-250, another 280 another 280AI another 6-284 and maybe a 280 Gibbs all on M70 Classics. Though the 280 might be the Shot Show.

I would like a quarter bore. A nice wood stocked .257 Roberts, 25-06, or .257 Weatherby.

A controlled feed bolt action flavored in .375 H&H.

It's fun to think about it.

I have had the heaving hot's for a Sako 85 in 6.5x55, just for a range play toy to have fun with. Now that I don't hunt much any more, that would be a great project rifle to keep me of the street at night!

6.5 Creedmoor - shipping from the smith as we speak.
28 Nosler - chambered in a m70 - working on it.
Boring out my Win 70 30-06 Supergrade to a Whelen.
257AI in a M70 or Kimber Super America.
375Ruger/Nosler in a stainless M70 with a NECG front sight and a Brockman's Peep for backup.
17 Hornet built on a CZ527
1903-A3
M1 Garand

Back