Rifles on your "want" list?

yukon huntress":34jij49o said:
A 9.3 x 62 built by Martini or a Holland and Holland built double.( either a 300 H & H or 375 H & H )

If those never become financially available to me then maybe a 35 Whelen and a white bear hunt with Dr Mike

You sure have good taste, Cheyenne. And, you're on with the white bear hunt! (y)

Either of those Double's would be a sweet rifle, Cheyenne. The .375 would be a great white bear rifle

Well I missed a 6.5x55 ruger #1 a week or so ago on gun broker, dang it. Good wood on number #1 with the Alex Henry for end are always tempting.

Yeah - I surely don't "need" any more rifles - but there are a few I kind of "want." Not a real giant crazy want, just a normal, standard "gee that would be cool" kind of want...

Guy

So many rifles...so little time!
And so few funds to help collect them all!
But that is why we have the ability to dream!
And hopefully the time to make those dreams reality!!!

Still on the "Wanted" list:
- A High Wall in 225 Winchester
- A Sako Varmint Laminated Stainless in 221 Fireball
- A Sako LH Hunter in 6.5 x 55
- A Sako LH Bavarian in 9.3 x 62
- A LH 6.5 Creedmoor
- Marlin 336 in 414 SuperMag

Cheyenne, you do realize that I will have to come along on that white bear hunt just to keep Dr. Mike outta trouble! LOL

Don't believe him, Cheyenne! He'll hit me from behind, knock me down and sit on my back and shoot my bear, all the while hollering for me to be still! :lol:

My cup runneth over...not as many as a lot of you guys, but I've got enough quality shooters to last the rest of my days.

That said- a few pieces arouse a certain interest.

Something like a Kimber Mountain Ascent in 280AI or .270 perhaps
Another Steyr Scout wouldn't be passed by if one wandered my way
I'd like to get the wife another...a nice 7-08 in something light like a Remington Mountain Rifle SS.

The boy will grow again as well...bless his little southpawed self, and a young man could do far worse than continuing his career with a good grade .300 in the rack.

I'm good on shotguns, but I'm not a shotgunner and .22s are still tough enough to come by that my single CZ is sufficient.

I'm pretty well set for rifles but I'd like a 45-70 Sharps and a .416 Rigby.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

JD - This is available locally on a member only forum. If you are interested, let me know

S&W 629-3 Mountain gun in 44 Mag
For sale Smith and Wesson 44 mag mountain gun model 629-3. In excellent condition comes with bianchi holster and half a box of rounds.

Asking $750.00 open to offers. Cash only no trades.

located in clackamas

Eric

I "don't" want another rifle, none, not a one. However they seem to attach themselves to me in the oddest ways. Within a month of gifting the Bee last fall, a 30:06 Ackley Improved, Eddystone Enfield jumped into my safe. A friend, knew this guy whom had bought a bunch of shotguns from an estate sale, had seen the Enfield was in the mix. My friend said it looked pretty good, and asked if I was interested. So I gave him a dollar figure of 1/2 what it is probably worth and the fellow took it. My friend has had it since Christmas, and figured out the cartridge after firing some factory ammo in it. Says it shoots well, and I hope to try it out in the next few months.

I'm not really a nostalgia type of person but a double rifle would be cool to shoot and even own. I have several older guns like a pre-64 M70 SG .270, a Belgium A-5, Kimber Super America 30-06 (the original Kimber), and a Rem. 600 .350 Rem Mag that never get shot. I prefer super accurate purpose built rifles generally. I had a Krico .22 hornet that my dad was carrying for me at a gun show. He set it down, forgot about it and it walked off. That was a nice rifle and I wouldn't mind having another .22 hornet or k hornet. I'd probably want to build it myself just because that is what I do with 99% of all of the rifles I shoot. Honestly I've built so many different calibers it's hard to come up with something new.

Right now I have the following in the works from the "wanted" list (ie the previous "want" list).
6x47L on a Remington with a Bartlein Light Palma barrel 26"
6.5SAUM on a Remington with a Bartlein Light Palma contour 24"
6.5x68 Imp. on a Remington with a Benchmark Fluted Sendero contour 26"
30-338 Norma Imp. on a Remington with a Brux Sendero contour 26"

I'll probably do the following so these could be "wants" or "needs" depending on how you look at it:
6.5x47L on a Remington with a #5, #6, or Light Palma contour cut to 24" (this is most likely going to happen. I'm probably going to try a barrel from a new company. I'll find out today one way or the other)
.270-338 Norma Imp just because I haven't built a .270 caliber anything in 15-20 years
7-338 Norma Imp if they release the 195 Bergers
.416 Rem on a M70 SS I got from Bill (Elkman) just in case the need and the money is there to visit the dark continent again but for buff this time. It could be a .375 H&H Imp. as well.
Rem. 700 smokeless muzzleloader I have a .458 barrel for smokeless and a .50 barrel for smoked along with 3 stainless Remington 700ml's. They canceled our muzzleloader cow elk hunt after I got the .50 barrel from Kreiger (it took 14 months) so it's been sitting for awhile.

On the might happen list are the following "semi-wants"
338 Norma Imp.
375-338 Norma Imp only because I have 2 .375 barrels in the safe
a custom AR-15 and/or AR-10 upper for the couple lowers I've had since before BHO was elected. I'm not really a black rifle person so this could be years out unless another gun threat happens.

I'm sure I'll find something else to add to the rifle lists above since I have 8 Remington actions and a Stiller TAC-338 action sitting in the safe along with 6 or 8 undesignated barrels. Who ever said owning a lathe and building your own guns would be cheaper was a liar. The cost to build each gun has been cheaper but that is just made up for with more guns and more tooling not to mention the initial cost.

I'm sure as my kids get older my "want" list will change to their "need" list or some other way to justify building more guns for them. I can see a 6x45 being built in the next 3-4 years to start things off. I just hope they are gun/hunting fanatics like me and have good jobs to pay for their own when they get old enough. I would love to teach them to do their own gun work some day.

I am set by circumstances but such is life. I have enough of a diverse battery to suit my needs certainly.

I would like to have either a 6.5x55 or a 7x57mm Mauser bolt action. Maybe I can make a trade somehow?
Charlie

G'Day Fella's,

I would like a Kimber Caprivi in .375 H&H and a Kimber Pro-Varmint, in .223Rem and a new Winchester/Browning/Miroku 1885 High Wall in ? and an 1886 in .45-70 as well!

Doh!
Homer

I was happily indulging my wants until I found a new one today.
Like an idiot I walked into the Gun Library in the Columbus store and saw a neat looking rifle. Be darned. There's a Nosler Heritage. Second bad move, I picked it up. Brand new in 26 Nosler. Oh, man.
Somehow I left without it. But now i "need" one. :grin:

Wow... Very cool Dewey. Just read a decent article on loading for the 26 Nosler. Seems like it's thriving off of US869.... Pretty darned fast sucker.

The 28 Nosler looks like a barn burner as well. 3100 with 175 PTs would leave a dent in something I'd think.

Howdy fellas, long time no chat.

Wants: a heavy barreled .243 or .308, to drop in my McMillan A3 stock.
12 gauge autoloader with a 3" chamber... though I wouldn't turn down a Beretta 3-1/2" gun.

Back