SAVAGE 111

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
Ive just aquired a SAVAGE MOD.111 300 Win Mag. Its my first SAVAGE
only Remingtons and Winchester all time. It seems a nice rifle to glass bed, free float barrel, and maybe change the trigger for the new one.
Would appreciate any experience with SAVAGE 110 or 111.
Thank you.-
mrry Xmas and H.N.Y-

My buddy who is a SWAT member has one of the Tactical model, in 300 Win mag. Black synthetic stock, blued receiver and barrel. The rifle is extremely accurate.

I have never owned a Savage but have shot a bunch in differnt calibers. I'm getting ready to buy a Stevens 200 (just like the Savage 110 without the Accutrigger).

I plan on putting a Timney Trigger in mine.

CZ":5kr03o5d said:
Ive just aquired a SAVAGE MOD.111 300 Win Mag. Its my first SAVAGE
only Remingtons and Winchester all time. It seems a nice rifle to glass bed, free float barrel, and maybe change the trigger for the new one.
Would appreciate any experience with SAVAGE 110 or 111.
Thank you.-
mrry Xmas and H.N.Y-

It is pillar bedded free-floated so just shoot it as is.

You will love the accuracy. Other than a 416 WBY all my other rifles are Savages if that tells you something.

I own 2 savage rifles .204 ruger and a .243 both shoot like a dream! You will like it!

My current battery is composed of:
223 Savage Sporter
25-06 Savage Tactical
7mm Mag Savage Sporter
300 RUM Savage from their Custom shop
416 WBY MKV Classicmark II

I have had just about every type of rifle one can fathom including many customs. I sold them all and kept the Savages. That speaks volumes. :wink:

Here's one....that'll stick a pill through ya earhole at 1000 yds. iffen ya stands still:

SuddenDeathII.jpg

AKeeperforcertain.jpg

Sharpsman

What caliber do you have there?
BTW, the bolt is backwards! :lol:

JD338

You will love the accuracy of the savage! And the accutrigger is real nice, I just posted a couple pics of some 300 yard groups in the reloading section of what my savage is capable of.

Back