Scope for Marlin .22 mag ?

Mark Z

Beginner
Oct 17, 2006
I have a Marlin model 925M .22 magnum and want to use it for varmints up to 100 yards. The receiver is grooved for scope mount; drilled and tapped for scope bases; any recommendations for a scope that is reasonably priced? Also, I have never mounted a scope before; any suggestions as to where I can get good directions?

Thanks and Happy New Year to All!

Take your 22 to your favorite gun shop, Sportsmans or whatever and they should have a couple options for you. Your gun should have came with weaver tip off rings to fit the dove tail, which will work and save you additional cost of bases. Anyways, the store will most likely mount your new scope and bore site it for free. Then take it to the range and sight it in at 25 yards then i would zero it at 75 yards if it was mine.

Mark Z,

Sounds like you got yourself a nice rifle. Buy the best scope you can afford and you shouldn't have any problems.
Need more information to make any suggestions.
What are you going to hunt and where? Any night hunting?
Also, how much do you want to spend?
YoteSmoker has a great recomendation.

JD338

I am a Leupold fan and have three mounted on my .270, 7 mm mag and 12 gauge but not sure I need such a fine scope on a .22 mag. I don't plan on shooting past 100 yards, probably won't shoot at night and just need some decent optics for plinking and groundhogs and yotes. The gun did not come with any rings or bases so I guess I will buy a scope and determine what is needed to fit. I will probably have Gander Mountain mount and bore site for $20, but was hoping to learn and practice mounting on this gun.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am a Leupold fan and have three mounted on my .270, 7 mm mag and 12 gauge but not sure I need such a fine scope on a .22 mag. I don't plan on shooting past 100 yards, probably won't shoot at night and just need some decent optics for plinking and groundhogs and yotes. I live in Northeast Ohio and hunt in Ohio and PA. The gun did not come with any rings or bases so I guess I will buy a scope and determine what is needed to fit. I will probably have Gander Mountain mount and bore site for $20, but was hoping to learn and practice mounting on this gun.

Thanks for the suggestions.

MarkZ,

Take a look at the Leupold Rifleman series of scopes. These are reasonable. You could tell Gander Mt. that you would like to watch and learn.
Good luck with your 22 Mag.

JD338

JD338,

Thanks for the help. I will look at the Rifleman Series.

Mark

Back