Scope for my .338

I just order my 35 Whelen and I am placing a VX3 on top.
Leupold service, I bought a 2-7X32mm goldring over 40years ago and last year I took it off my BLR and there was something loose inside as it made funny noises. I sent it to the service dealer by mail approximately 500 miles from my house on a Thursday the following Tuesday my wife and I were having lunch and there was a knock on the door and UPS had my new scope to me. There were no questions asked.
I sent Leupold a nice email thanking them for great service and a few weeks later I got a ball cap and Tshirt from them, thanking me for taking the time to write the email.
Approx a year before that I had a scopechief that froze up I could not get the magnification ring to turn :( so I sent it to Bushnell and they sent me a letter telling me that my lifetime warranty on the scopechief was to old. Go figure :?:

Blessings,
Dan

FOTIS":h47hq20i said:
beretzs":h47hq20i said:
WT, check this scope out. At 1.5x8, I don't think you could do much better. Scotty

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=66100

Very interesting power range! That can cover everything.

That would be a scope that would be just about excellent on a bunch of my rifles. Really like having the low end for hunting in thick close stuff and having 8X for the openings, if needed. Plus, you can't beat the price. Scotty

I am a huge fan of the 2.5x8 scopes on the 338 class of calibers also.

FOTIS":39fg2tyj said:
I am a huge fan of the 2.5x8 scopes on the 338 class of calibers also.

+1
IMHO, the VX-3 2.5-8x36mm is the perfect scope on a 338.

JD338

Back