Scope suggestions

BTW Tom, the Kahles 3.5-10x50mm scope which is shown in the picture, is now on my .340 Bee. The Swarovski is a 4-12x50mm scope and is now on the .270 Win, Model 70, with same rings and mounts. Both rifles are fairly high comb, give me good cheek weld and fit me very well with the combination of rings and scopes.

The Kahles keeps ending up back on the .340 Wea Mag because neither the recoil, nor the brake seem to affect the scope's performance one whit! After about (4) years on that rifle and 800-900, 225 grain Partitions at 3100 fps being shot downrange, the scope is totally unaffected. A tribute to the structural integrity of the Kahles scope build. Plus, any elk that I can not evaluate with a 10X Kahles is not one that I want anyway!

Charlie, this Swaro is destined for the 300H&H. It will likely have a low comb, as it is a pre-war rifle. I have been checking out some lace-on leather cheek pads, as those would be sort of "period correct" for such a rifle.

I agree, and there are reasonably priced options that have various heights available. Once I get the setup bolted together, I can see how much height I need and order the right one.

Great review Tom. I really like the Z6 I got for my 280 AI they always say you can't shoot what you can't see!

Back