Scope Upgrade

NWBlacktail

Handloader
Dec 17, 2011
Cabalas is running a deal on the Leopold VX6 2-12. It's the one with Zero Lock, and duplex.

I have an elk cow tag that starts this January, and I'm already dialed in with my VX3 3.5-10. I think I'll stay with that for this hunting season.

Anyway, the VX3 will go on a rifle that currently has a VX2. The VX2 will go on a rifle that currently has a Nikon Buckmaster. And I think the Nikon will sit as a backup.

Very excited. It's going on my 280 Ackley. :mrgreen:

That is a fine scope. When the price is reduced somewhat, grab it; you won't be sorry.

Thanks! It's at $799, and I did go for it.

For some reason, Cabelas always gets these deals from Leopold earlier then other retailers. But this happens every holiday season, soon the other Leopold dealers will have the same special. I think Cabelas just worked something out with Leopold to have these deals earlier.

I have two of the 2-12X42 scopes; they are very good scopes, comparing favourably to some of my European scopes. That is a good price, for sure.

I've one VX6 and it is a very nice scope. It's one of the few times the product lives up to the hype.

Those are very nice scopes.

Be aware that spare scopes laying about tend to attract additional rifles....

....not exactly a bad thing.

Back