Should I Trade?

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I just got a new Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 CDS, and my dad has a Bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x50, he really likes the Leupold i just got a-lot, and wants to trade me straight across, should i make the trade or not? If i did i would be putting it on a Tikka T3 300 WSM for hunting elk in eastern Oregon, either way that is the rifle that a new scope is going on, i like both scopes, in fact i think that the Bushnell is a better scope, but i would loose the CDS if i traded him, any thoughts would help. Thanks: Mick

I know what I would do, but if you like the Bushy better than the Leupy, why not? I can't say that I really have taken the time to understand the CDS system, but do you plan to shoot over 350 yards or so?

No i do not plan on shooting over 350 yds or so, i still am not sure, so please tell me what would you do!

Keep the Leupy...if you aren't shooting over the 350 yards the magnification on the Bushnell is overkill.

Well, I'm in the process of getting rid of my Bushnell scopes, trying to keep to Leupold or euroglass.

I would go with the Leupold all the way.

JD338

I do not have the 6500 but I do have a couple of 4200s and I am in the process of changing them all to Leupold. I have order the VX3 with CDS for my 35 Whelen :mrgreen:. I likely do not need it as I don not shoot much over 350 anymore so the top of the shoulder should take of business :)

I am a Leupold die hard as I know their customer service is tops over bushnell.

Blessings,
Dan

Back