Sig Sauer P229

Mark

Beginner
Sep 10, 2006
Went to the gun show last Saturday and looked at many DA pistols and made a decision to seize the last Equinox P229 before it sold out. Man, those wood grips are real nice and tried it out with a box of 180 grain Winchesters full metal flat nose and shot targets off the sandbag at 30 feet and leaves a ragged hole about two to three inches to the right but was a lovely group. I used all 50 rounds to verify point of aim and it is not human error.

Can that fixed sight be adjusted to point of aim? Elevation is just right. Any help is appreciated.
Mark

I have never seen a sig that needed sight adjustment from the factory, Try putting your finger in different postitions on the trigger, The way people pull the trigger will offten cause point of aim to be left or right. I have seen people that have to use the tip of there finger and then they are right on vs, using more of the finger on the trigger.
PS if you have night sites, it is best to use a sight pusher/adjustment tool.

TRIED DIFFERENT HOLLOW POINT DEFENSIVE AMMO AND THE MAJORITY OF THEM HITS DEAD ON MORE OR LESS HALF AND INCH TO THE RIGHT AT 10 YARDS BUT IN TIGHT GROUPS OF 1.5 TO 2 INCHES, GOOD ENOUGH FOR A DEFENSE SHOT AT A BAD GUY
MARK

I have the sig P229 in 357 sig and 40 S&W. I love this pistol. I have been reloading the 40 S&W with Nosler 135 gr JHP, Speer Gold Dot, in all grains made and have to say they shoot really great.

The best pistol I have ever owned.

Glad to see others enjoy them just as much.

Finger postion on the trigger makes a difference. If you have the nite sites you don't want to use anything to tap the site with that could damage the tritium

Just got me a P229 SAS Gen II in 40 - can't wait to shoot it but unless someone approaches me with ill will, it will be at least 2 weeks before I do. Got a Mosquito a while back - made it to the range once with it. Love it.

Back