Smart Reloader ISD

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I bought one of these units a few months ago. I went with this unit as it was about half of the RCBS and a quite a bit less expensive than other similar products. This one is made in Sweden. Not sure that counts for anything though.

I have used it for weighing charges between 20gr's of H110 to 75gr's of RL22. Lots of loading for the Whelen and 264WM's as well. It drops powder very accurately. Very rarely does it go a 1/10th over. For me, I can handle that. I seldom do a redrop, unless I am doing load development, as a 1/10 of a grain is pretty miniscule in my bigger cases.

Overall, it is a great unit. I calibrate it everytime I use it. I don't think I need to, but I do. It does store a bunch of loads, but I tend to just punch in the load I want and dispense. It is nice also, in that it automatically starts to dispense once the powder is dumped and the scale pan is placed back on the scale. Makes it pretty quick.

The dispense speed is adjustable as well. I spent some time getting it to where it works best for me, and so far, it is a great piece of gear. I really like it for load work as it is so easy to split up charges without goofing around with a regular beam scale. Scotty

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... UYVBSR0021

Definatly worth a closer look. Thanks Scotty!

JD338

It is a good piece of gear and makes loading for load work and for hunting a bunch easier. Still have my 10-10, but it is getting a little dusty. Scotty

Scotty,

You're always well advised to calibrate whenever an electronic scale is first turned on. It is a sharp looking piece of kit. If I didn't already have my ChargeMaster, I would be tempted to try it.

Back