Smith 629 facelift

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I was pretty bored today so I took my 4" 629 smith and decided to pretty it up some. It is just a stock 629 44 mag, I put a set of nice wood grips on it a while back and have proceded to carry this thing for the better part of 4 years, usually fishing, hiking, 4 wheeling or snowmachining. ALways in my survival sheath chest holster. Because of its placement on my chest it has really taken a beating over the last few years not to mention getting wet and left that way for weeks at a time and generally mistreated. For the gun I carry the most I surely wasn't taking good enough care of it. I took it all apart and bead blasted it into a nice even matte finish, and cleaned up the trigger a bit. It sure looks better now. I think later this week I will order a set of sights for it, been looking at the XS sight system sights, the 24/7 sight looks pretty good. ALso probably do a full moon clip conversion one of these days.
smith629.jpg

That sure is a nice looking revolver.
What load do you have pictured?

JD338

I polished the cylinder where the cylinder stop drags and then masked it off to bead blast.

Back