Solid Base Is Back

NOSLER

Handloader
Sep 23, 2004
For those who don't know, the Solid Base bullet is back, in short supply. They will only be sold on Nosler.com. Federal Ammunition is loading them in their ammunition and you can find them at your local dealer or catalog.

I would surely like to see you bring back the 25 caliber 100 grain solid base. Any chance of that? Regards, Woody

What is the difference between the solid base and the BT? Are the bullets constructed the same but with a Polymer or lead tip? What is the difference in performance? Thanks!

They are very similar. The solid base was the original BT. However, with the tip (BT), it initiates expansion. This causes a little more of a wound channel due to the energy release.

The solid base acts a little more controlled.. You will find good penetration and expansion. It is a great bullet. Just doesn't deliver the energy transfer like a Ballistic Tip

:grin: I've been handloading for over thirty years and was surely disappointed when Nosler decided to quit making the SB bullet back in the early 90's. I had used them for years in many different calibers and weights. When I first found out I couldn't quite believe it but when I found out to be true I started buying up all the Solid Base bullets I could find. Glad to here they're making them again but I don't think I'll be buying any anytime soon. I've got enough them stocked up to last me the rest of my lifetime 8)

Back