Speer Deepcurl discontinued?

tecumseh

Handloader
Oct 20, 2010
I was looking around on Speer's website and it looks like the Deepcurl bullets have been discontinued. They're showing the hot core, grand slam and the btsp for rifle bullets.

Yes they have been, ATK does some very strange things sometimes :roll: Wish they would sell Speer to someone who actually cares about hunting/reloading.

I kind of wonder if the Federal Fusion isn't loaded with Deep Curls and they made an agreement to not sell them as components.

I had some of the 120gr .257 DC's that I purchased when they first came out. I worked up a load with them and they shot well but I never harvested any game with them. As I recall I either sold or traded them to someone here on the forums but I can't remember as it's been a while. It was my understanding that the DC was suppose to replace the HC's but they brought the HC's back and discontinued the DC. I've taken lots of deer with the HC in several different calibers and it's on game performance has always been excellent for me.

hellrazor":16jxyy1w said:
FYI - RMR has pulled fusion and deep curl bullets in various calibers.

http://shop.rmrbullets.com/
RMR and Fusions seem to wax and wane. Some days they have them, some days not. Odds are they will return if you check, as that's what happened with them in .277 for example.

...I tried to get data for the 140gr. Deep Curl from Speer, they said don't use 'em, tests were showing pressure problems & they were discontinued. I'd already worked up a good load w/ 'em. I don't think they've discontinued the Fusion ammo...

Back