Sportsman's Warehouse

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Sportsman's Warehouse just opened in town. They moved into a vacant Sears store, and I am impressed! It's cool seeing something the size of a Sears store, full of outdoor, camping, hunting, shooting and fishing gear. Walls are full of great elk, deer, bear and cougar trophies from around the Pacific Northwest too.

Large selection of Nosler bullets & brass on hand too... At reasonable prices. Pretty good supplies from other makers and even some powder on hand too. Nice to see. Even the elusive .22 ammo!

This is huge for our area... Good to see it, though it may well hurt some of the smaller, long-established shops here... Great people working behind the counter too, including one of my former firearms students.

Guy

I'm sure it will be a bonus for sportsmen in your area. I can't imagine it being anything less than a positive addition for you folk down that way.

I actually like sportsmans warehouse better than bass pro and cabelas purely for the fact they normally have a better reloading supply abd they don't get near as busy as the big places

If I am not mistaken Sportsman's is owned by Wholesports here in Canada or it could be the other way around 8).
Either way I am glad to see that they have some supplies for people.
All the stores around here are sorely hurting for Nosler bullets & most powders. Was advised that primers are now readily available but not much else.

Blessings,
Dan

I travel down to Oregon once a month to see my son and siblings. There is a sportsman in Puyallup and one in Salem. It is rare for me not to stop at one of them during my trip. Good staff, product selection etc. We also buy all our tackle for Alaska from them. I wish there was one closer then Puyallup.

There was a Sportsman's Warehouse down in Burlington, WA, about 50 miles from my house. It closed about 3 years ago. So far it has been the kiss of death to have a guns store near I-5 in Washington.

There's one in Columbia, SC, great place to shop, decent prices as I recall, and lots of goodies to look at. I do wish they'd seal the boxes of bullets somehow, but I guess that would be a PITA.

There is one about 45 minutes away from my place that I try to hit every time I'm in town as well. I like their stores quite a bit as well.

They have also had a lotta good powders in stock online !! RECENTLY ! I think they are shipping them as well ?

Guy, looks like you're going to need a job in your retirement to find your future Sportsman's Warehouse purchases. Ever think about hiring out to them and working for gear?
Just thinking out loud here.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I could work at a place like Vince and just figure my wages for gear and equipment!! Guy you listening!

We have one here and they are going to open a Cabela's in June. I wonder how it's going to fare. We have a local sporting goods store called Bob Ward & Sons, Sportsman, and now Cabela's. Curious to see how the pricing is going to go with the competition now.

They get a lotta my cash and glad they are inn town but Guy it will change the longer they are in town but still a huge selection !! I just picked up a rail for my 300 Win mag Accumark this PM !

They are as common around here as wal marts. Apparently all the reloading stuff and .22 bullets got sent to your store as they are non existent at any of the stores here. I hit two of them every Friday checking and two others when time and circumstance allow. They have the worst layaway plan in the business and the local stores really struggle to keep courteous, knowledgable staff. It's a big store for sure but not necessarily better! They hold their own against cabelas and Scheels here, but the little guys still hold their spots too and the last two rifles I purchased were from the little guys-they remember my name and are more than just salesmen.

I already did the: I will work for stuff routine at Oshman's Sporting Goods in California. I was divorced and had free time. They were not too happy about my buying a lot of their nicer stuff though, at 25% off.

I loved ours while we had it.

great store, knowledgeable employees, and fair prices. great selection of reloading components.

alas.... too good to last. they closed it about 5 years ago.

shane

Guy, enjoy it while you can.

They came in here a few years back with lots of fanfare. I bought LOTS of stuff there and they were always busy. Then without warning they closed up, gone, out of here. This is the middle of CA with a large market and I knew lots of people spending money there.

They did almost as bad in Bend, Oregon where we have family. The Sportsman's Warehouse was a big deal then they suddenly closed up. At least they reopened under another name. They did not change a thing, not the counters, not the heads on the wall, nothing. Just a different name and higher prices.

I sure wish they had stayed open here.

They folded up here in Dallas about 5 years ago as well.
At the time they had a great selection of reloading stuff and decent prices.

Sorta off topic maybe...but I've noticed recently that Cabelas just doesn't appeal to my needs as much these days....the things they carry are fewer and priced higher than Midway...Cabelas has gotten a good share of my money over the years....but lately its been mostly Midway, and even some Brownells (Sinclair)...all online shopping of course.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back