Starting to see some light.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
At the end of the tunnel. I do believe things are relaxing a tad on the reloading front. That's good news if it holds. Cabella's got primers in. Looks like they are allowing 1k limits at $54.95 per 1000.

A somewhat local Sportsman's warehouse has some primers, and also a fairly large local game store got in some primers.

That says to me that the pressures on factory ammo must be easing somewhat. When it came to primers nobody could get any in it seemed no matter how big they were.

If you got what you need for now, hang on. Hopefully all of us will be able to buy what we want in a reasonably timed future.

pharmseller":3669f4v3 said:
Small rifle Primers are still like hen’s teeth near me, Harrisburg, Oregon.

Yeah I know we aren't out of the woods yet, but it at least appears there's starting to be some cracks in the armor.

Powder has eased up around here for some time now. 1 local small game store has got in several shipments in the last few months, including 8 lb jugs. Not sure how they're managing that as nobody else has come close to that yet.

I bought an 8 lb of IMR 4831 and an 8 lb of H4895 off of them about 2 months ago for what worked out to $32 per lb for the IMR and $35 per lb for the Hodgdon, tax and all.

Just recently they got in 8 lb jugs of H4350, H380, BLC-2, H4831sc, and H335. Also 8 lb jugs of Titegroup, 2400, and RL 10. In one lb cans they have a pretty good selection.

So we've moved past the bare shelves mentality.......hopefully it has a cascading effect and supply will overtake demand.

I'm not gonna rush out and buy the last brick of primers as soon as they're available, I got around 3K so I'm good for now and will let somebody else get as they need them.

BUT, whenever the time comes that primers are readily available, look out. I was way more prepared then some, but I learned some things that wont ever happen again.

ShadeTree":2272zdfm said:
I'm not gonna rush out and buy the last brick of primers as soon as they're available, I got around 3K so I'm good for now and will let somebody else get as they need them.

BUT, whenever the time comes that primers are readily available, look out. I was way more prepared then some, but I learned some things that wont ever happen again.

I shoot a lot of .223, I’m down to my last 2k, starting to get nervous.

WLR/WLRM I’m well stocked.

P

pharmseller":3h6froee said:
ShadeTree":3h6froee said:

P

I seen this coming before this time last yr but I thought brass was going to be the tough thing to get, and maybe for a LONG time. It is, but primers is likely worse currently. I made sure I was good on brass, but should've put more back on primers.

Hmmm- over 100 shots were fired in three separate incidents in St Paul last night. No apparent shortage for or of idiots. Perhaps there will be now.... Good grief. Sorry off topic....CL

ShadeTree":27s8nsdb said:
pharmseller":27s8nsdb said:
ShadeTree":27s8nsdb said:

P

I seen this coming before this time last yr but I thought brass was going to be the tough thing to get, and maybe for a LONG time. It is, but primers is likely worse currently. I made sure I was good on brass, but should've put more back on primers.

I have quantities of R-P head stamp brass I measure by the pound. No worries there. Powder and bullets out the ying, so to speak. Primers are my weak spot.

Scored 1 lb of Varget today at one of the LGS's I deliver to (FedEx). In the past couple months I've been able to get sone IMR 3031, 4831, 4350, and 4198, Hodgdon H4350, 4831SC, CFE223, and H4198. This is the first Varget I've seen in a very long time.

I aaked the owner if there was gonna be more and he only smiled and said coyly, "Maybe."

No primers, of course, except some CCI (I think) for 50 BMG. This gunshop was told by someone supposedly in the know that Federal would not be releasing any primers as components for 2 years. All their components are being directed to ammo production .

Ron

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I was at Cabelas and they had Winchester 5.56 193 ammo in stock and Brownels has some .223 Rem and 9mm ammo in stock but neither at a good price.

Back