Supper is served guy's

HOGWILD338-378

Handloader
Aug 22, 2012

:lol: :lol: if anyone from Thailand wants to partake they get first picks :mrgreen: but we have plenty to go around for all :shock: and yes you can pull the legs off before eating them :roll:
Was looking at an article on the weather channel and they actually showed the swarm of these critters on TV and they showed as rain moving into our area as they arrived ! What everyone here wants to know is when are they leaving ? I have noticed some of our small birdies with loud mouths are being a lot quieter and they have also been getting a lot fatter and now make less noise!! :roll:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... e/9906329/

I tell you I watched a lotta Thai's eating them on the street from street vendors and they would just yank the leg's off and pop,them rite on down! My weak Arkansas stomach just never seemed to wanta try them! 1 reason I heard stories of people actually being fatally poisoned as they used DDT to kill them once they had a big bunch of them cornered? I guess the DDT was kinda uncontrolled in the country side ? Sounded like a true story as how else wold ya kill them? Kinda weird you would eat something ya just used poisoned to kill?

I'll pass. I'm waiting on Mike sending me some Moose cutlets with mushrooms. :grin:

JD338

I am in for some Huevos Ranchero's and I am buying , buss is leaving :shock:

Moose really lean like Elk I would assume!

HOGWILD338-378":20iknwcn said:
Moose really lean like Elk I would assume!

Yup! It' our favourite game meat. Mama's orders each fall are to tag a two and a half year old. Tender and delicious.

Moose is our favourite was well, but a young cow Elk is not far behind :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

Yup! Cow elk is pretty good, for sure. I also like young whitetail taken off of an alfalfa patch where they've been feeding all summer.

White tail back strap with soft scramble eggs is really good for breakfast!! But ya gotta tenderize it like GrandMa taught me! Cut it 1 inch thick and do both sides them salt, pepper, little flour and some love !

Yep it's a coffee cup saucer with a thin edge and it's all I will use !!

When I have no saucer I use a small old coke bottle and turn it upside down and use the mouth end for tenderizing as well ! Just a country boys way of making do ! :mrgreen:

Back