Swift Scirocco 2 load data 25.06 rem

Guybo

Handloader
Aug 4, 2005
I recently acquired a box of these from a guy who sold his .257 and I thought i'd try and work up a load for my 25.06. Problem is I can't find any load data out there anywhere for this combination. I was hoping to work with these during the holidays if I get the chance. I called swift Friday and they said the tech guys were away until after Christmas so they weren't much help. I was wondering if anyone maybe had a swift manual that they could take a look at and share the data for the 25.06 and the 100gr scirocco 2? Also where's a good starting point as to distance to the lands?, i know bonded is a totally different animal than cup and core. If I can find a good load I may give them a try next season on deer, I hope they're not to tough for these NC whitetails. I would really appreciate any and all feedback. Thank You, Mike

Just an FYI, I called Swift about some 6.5 130's about a year ago and when their tech called back he was a very helpful guy. However, he said his boss has a rule about emailing load data information to anyone so they were only allowed to verbally give information over the phone and you had to write it down. I did this and typed it up later. If their policy hasn't changed I just wanted you to be prepared.

Ron

Copied and pasted this from my file on my computer from working up loads for my 24" barrel 25-06:

Swift 100gr Scirocco 2 54.5gr H4831SC .5” group of 4 shots, then 1.5” group of 3 shots with chronograph attached to barrel. Velocities 3225, 3158, 3179 fps. Avg 3187. Third group with chronograph removed went into .6”. Load found!

I just got done working up a 100gr Sierra load for the same rifle. It ended up being 53gr of IMR 4350 for 3301fps and shoots as well or better.

I have the Swift book with load info I also have loads I tested over my Chrono and for accuracy. PM me your email with 25-06 on the title and I will send the info to you.
When loading the swift bullets you MUST give them plenty of bullet jump to be accurate. I know that sounds backwards but it is true. I loaded some SC for my daughters 257R and they shot like a shotgun. The ones I loaded before but 5 into one hole. Compared the older one I had left with the new ones. The bullet was seated much deeper in the old one. Went back and reseated the bullets deeper(never crimp) and when back to the range. Back to 5 into one hole.
I really like that bullet in 257R/25-06/257W and also 6.5X55/264win mag and will be testing them in my new 6.5X300W. Also used them in 300win mag and 30-06/308win. Excellent bullets

Yup, same here, I load them .100 off the lands in my 25-06 and they shoot like crazy for me!

I am running RL26 in my rifle for 3400, but I'd probably give any of the 4350's, 4831, H1000, etc a try at a middling 100 grain charge, find the seating depth they wanna shoot in your rifle and then add powder to get to listed speed.

I'd absolutely hunt anything with the 100 Scirocco that I'd use a 25-06 on. They open like crazy and penetrate real darned well.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and imput. I do appreciate it. Mike

Yep. In my 280 they are .100 back and in my 270wsm they are .125 back...Don't worry about the Scirocco being too tough for whitetail..They expand beautifully and hold together well.

I ran 53.5 imr 4831 for 3250. Didn’t kill as fast as the ballistic tips but it did wreck less meat!

Back