Tactical Shotguns

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
Any thoughts on say a Mossberg 590 or the 500 JIC? Im just having a hankering for one.

As a lifelong 870 shooter, I find I try to revert back to the control locations of my old favorite in fast shooting situations... I blew up a fair number of pop can with my cousin's 590, and maybe a rattlesnake or two, and shot a round of skeet with a 500. Seemed okay, but I'll stick with Remingtons, thank you. Nothing wrong with the gun, just my stubbornness.

yeah I looked at the mossberg 590 and the 500 JIC. and a benelli............I came home with an 870. :) 18.5 inch barrel. gonna add a pistol grip, and a rail. maybe a heat shield for looks. and the obligatory shell holder. then I'll take it all off and buy a slug barrel for deer hunting in places like Ohio.

Nothing wrong with an 870. I still have my Winchester 1300, which works very well for this purpose. The 870, however, is well built. It is still reliable (for all the flaws that appear to crop up on Remington rifles). Plus, it has the advantage of looking pretty sharp.

Now, JD, see what you've gone and done? I'm probably gonna have to start looking for more 870s... another 12 gauge, a 20 gauge, and if I can find a vintage 16, I'll jump on that one too!

I aim to please! :wink: its close to Christmas, and now no one will get mad at you for saying"ohhhh dont get me nothin" now you know what to ask for! I'll post pics as I build this new toy.

Well I forgot to take a before pic. so after it was complete this is what I wound up with. I started out with a base 870 tactical. normal stock and forearm. it did have the extension. I added the collapsible stock, 3 way rail fore arm, front handle, light holder, and shell holders. and heat shield.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTA3LTAxMjQyLmpwZw.jpg

Back