TC Black Diamond

smitty81

Beginner
Apr 11, 2007
I hope someone can help me. I recently got a used TC Black Diamond (My First Smoke Pole) I dont know a whole lot about it. I do know that new, it came with 3 nipples. One for #11 caps, one for 209 Primers and one for Musket caps. Mine has the one for musket caps in it an thats all i got with it. I want to convert it to shoot the 209 primers.

This is what im looking at.

https://secure.tcarms.com/store/index.p ... start/108/

My question is this, it says you have to use the correct striker for this system. Is the black diamond already set up for this or do I need a different striker for it? Does this only apply for the woods rifle?

Im really confused, Might just trade it away to get something im more comfortable with.

Please Help

For what it is worth, I hunt with 3 or 4 guys who use Black Diamonds. I am a big TC fan, but the Black Diamond is a model that lacks what others have in the same price range. All of the muzzleloaders that I have owned were envied by them even though mine was less expensive. (I would buy them used) Disassembly and weather exposure in the breech area are its big downfalls. The breech is completely open to the elements, and the chore it is to disassemble and assemble it. I would suggest trading it away (as there is still demand for them) and upgrade to an Omega, Encore, Triumph, or any of the CVA copies of those TC's. You won't be sorry.

As far as the conversion goes, TC makes a conversion kit, so I look into one of those and see what it comes with. maybe that will give you an idea of what you need to do to yours.

The Omega is nice. I have a Stainless with gray laminate stock.

JD338

I have an Encore SS with plastic stock. I am shooting the new Blackhorn 209 powder in it with very good results :) But it's my understanding that the style of 209 primer adapter used in the Black Diamond will not work with the BH 209, should you decide to use it :(

SMITTY81, I agree with ONLYBROWNING. I think you're making a wise choice by trading off :)

I have the predassesor of the black diamond, its a 1992 vintage stainless thunderhawk. The deer I have taken with it numbers at least 50.
Accuracy is incredible and I don't see me buying another as long as this one shoots well.
I've taken several deer beyond 200 yards with it and one at 267
mzzld_8pt.jpg

vaop93.jpg

This one was at 208 yards
blkpdrbk.jpg

I shoot 250 gr shockwaves in front of 150 gr of pyro pellets lit up with an RWS musket cap at 2170 fps. its only failed to go off one time and that was before the musket cap conversion
RR

Some states require the open ignition to hunt their ML seasons, for example Oregon. Where will you be hunting with a ML? I have more than one ML rifle so I can make "legal" in that state.

I shoot both #11 percussion caps and 209 shotgun primers in different rifles, although my White UltraMag does all three like your T/C.

jim

Back