TC Icon in 30TC??

maverick2":1qbllkil said:
Chiming in late, but will do it anyway. If you wanted to add a 30 cal rifle to your arsenal and are a reloader, I'd recommend you buy that TC Icon in a heartbeat. I've got an Icon in 6.5 Creedmoor, and would buy another Icon w/o hesitation. (In fact, if I ever choose to buy another recent production bolt action rifle, my search will start with a used TC Icon.) From an accuracy standpoint, to date I've been shooting 3 different factory loads in my 6.5 Creedmoor, and each has measured groups out at 0.3, 0.3, and 0.375 MOA, respectively. For the price, I'm not aware of any rifle that offers as many features as the Icon. Very solid, tight tolerance, and smooth action; best trigger of any factory rifle I've used (consistent, no creep, breaks clean and crisp, and easily adjustable); 5R rifling (which in some circles is a big deal -- all I know is the entire package they put together has a reputation for accuracy that I can't dispute); integral weaver style mounts; and a rifle that has very nice balance in my hands. I like the wood they use in their wood stocked models, and I really like the feel of the composite stock they use in their Weathershield model. (I've got the laminated Precision Hunter model so can't really comment on weight of the sporter models, but my recollection is that there are lighter rifles out there if rifle weight is a big factor.)

All of this. Some may laugh but looking at the individual feature the TC ICON was one of the best production rifles ever made. I own three of them, and believe they ARE the best. Everyone of them shoots sub-moa with multiple cheap boxed hunting ammo. Ive actually email TC several times begging for them to bring it back.

On your dilemma, buy it and reload or buy it and re barrel. You WILL NOT be disappointed. I am always actively looking for one of these.

I'm still tempted by it. Both of them are still there. I may wait a little closer to Christmas. And if they are still there I'll probably get one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back