The debate goes on. What's your opinion?

A jehu is a reckless individual with scant regard for the consequences of his/her actions. The reference is derived from an event in the Old Testament when a usurper ascended to the throne of Israel through regicide. After he was anointed by a prophet, he came to Jezreelto slaughter the king and his family, and as he approached the city a watchman identified him by the way he drove. The text says, "The driving is like the driving of Jehu ... for he drives furiously." Hence, the term came to speak of anyone who acted recklessly and without regard for his/her actions.

Dr. Mike,

Is that term, the original from where the slang term "yay-hoo" came from? My Grandparents used it alot to describe us kids back when... :lol:

Rod

Polaris, I like your term "rambling"...

Rod,

In the Midwest, most of us pronounced the term "yay-hoo." It can be pronounced "gee-hoo" or "Jay-hoo." Hebrew approximates "Yahoo."

Depends on the situation for me: I hunt in the West on my own and back east on my parents and friends property. I also follow when it comes to hunting my buddy’s property (NY). If they want to push, well push it is (not a big fan but it is loads of fun as long as you are with RESPONSIBLE, intelligent individuals).

I stand hunt the first few days on my parents land (CT) before they (the deer) go into hiding.

In NM I spot and stalk. As Greg said, you could sit in a stand out West and not see a deer for months.

Glassing is key for the West but you guys all know that so I’ll end this post now.

Back