The real reason components are hard to come by

It is a well known fact that most hunters/handoaders are in panic mode snatching up everything they can get their hands on. Hopefully is fear this unfounded..... (I hope). :shock:

I had read that they had reversed the order to shred once fired military brass. I hope it's true and maybe we can stop the madness, I never new this many people reloaded ammo.

Its not volume that concerns me....if there is demand they willl catch up. thats how they make money, Its price that concerns me. I really dont believe the pruice will come down IF they catch uo with demand. Greater profit margin you know. Bullets are not traded as a comodity like oil. Just my .02. CL

Just came from a local gun shop. They informed me they had 18 bricks of CCI250. Since the gun show is scheduled for this weekend, I wonder how long they will last.

Ya...watch people snatch up 50 gazillion bullets with lead in them and watch their state ban lead bullets.....hope it doesn't happen EVER here in Wisconsin but other states look like they are "thinking" about this idea.

They are already talking about a lead ban here in Colorado, but with Berkley East just a few miles from here they try to addopt most of the CA nuttery.

Considering everything that's going on, bullet making become more and more interesting all the time.

Nosler has recently told me the same thing.
Once the panic buying/hoarding stops the availability will improve.

My buddy went to a gun show this past weekend and he told me bricks of 22 long rifle were $80!
I don't blame the sellers, I blame the buyers who are fueling the problem.

JD338

"Bullets are not traded as a commodity like oil."

Probably not butthe way things are they just might be in the near futer. :roll: Seriuosly though, I believe copper and zinc used to make the jackets and the lead for the cores are commodities, right?
Paul B.

Yes, they are all traded commodities. The ingredients for brass, gilding metal, and the alloyed lead cores are trading markedly higher since 2003-ish, with little or no chance of receding. They are taking a hit today, but it's minor and unless China's economy really stalls, their sheer upkeep requirements will keep the commodities prices high.

Because i am beating you to the order process and being in the rite place at the rite time has got me stocked with just about everything i have been needing! I have had some great shopping success lately, and no nothing has been cheap :(

Back