Tikka T3 Mossy oak!

Hummmmm that's good to know..... Well love to be able to shoot these Bergers because of the outrageous BC but if They go whistling right thru a coyote, will be looking into
Something else pronto!
Question concerning these super long bullets is am I wrong; or would there not be an advantage with the x55,
Over both a.260R & the Creedmore simply because it has a longer neck to hold them, and it just holds more powder, before the bullet starts compressing the powder????

That's a very nice looking rifle and they build a good one from all the reading I have done on it. Classic cartridge you got there also. I like it! Much better than going the plain old 260 Remington or something!

www.tikkaperformance.com has some real nice parts for your Tikka. Looking forward to seeing how it performs for you. My brother had a 264WM years ago and those 140gr bullets are definitely long and slippery. Good luck with it.

It all depends on the length of the magazine. The difference in the powder room between the Swede, 260 and 6.5 CM is more of less a wash. The ability to seat bullets out of the case makes a bigger difference from what I see than the actual case space as a whole.

And that very well may be the case here because of the clip! Ditto on the 7mm08 Patroit, cant get where I would like to be because of the internal lenght of the clip...........
So may not be able to take advantage of it on the bench unless I feed em one at a time, which is no hig deal either. So may have to have more jump in real world hunting situations....

There is miles of room in the magazine in the Tikka 6.5x55 that is one of the great things about that combination other than the fact they shoots great.

I'd bet it'll shoot like crazy. My 70 Featherweight really likes 7828SSC and 140 AB's..

I am going to try a little 26 and see if the accuracy holds up and I gain a little more FPS.. If not, I know where I need to go back to.. :twisted:

Hey that's good info on the Tikka magazines! That was not the case with the Patriot.

35 Whelen":1vvtycr1 said:
Hey that's good info on the Tikka magazines! That was not the case with the Patriot.

Just measured the the detachable magazine on my wife's 6.5x55 and it is 3.350" take away the max allowable length of the 6.5x55 case of 2.165" and you can have a bullet sticking out of the case 1. 185" and still fit :grin: I would say that is a lot of space...........

Lol, yes that is Gerry! The Patroit 708 came out.080 below where the bullets touched the lands to what was absolute max length( with the 154 SST bullets ) :(
That would meter through the clip of the Patriot, quite a bit of jump......... :evil: Guess for target work I could certainly just shoot one at a time! :cry: The little 708 is just a "lender" gun for
Clients that don't want the hassle of traveling with a gun on the Airlines. So 99% of the time it would be used for a less than 200 yd shot at Bear, Deer, or Coyote so it really doesn't
Matter about the clip. Actually I am very happy with it considering it's ultra low cost.
Going to lend it to Scotty when he comes up, so he can be photographed with a gun that costs less than a grand!! (y)
Also have 5 lbs of lead to ductape to the barrel so that when Cheyenne visits for a Maine Lobster, she will feel "at home" when we go hunting! I plan on taking a movie of her ( at Dr Mike's suggestion)
Running in Snow shoes with that rifle and a 150lb pack, while I am cruising beside her on the snowmobile...... :mrgreen: lol. ( talk about asking for trouble)

Well here is a couple of pics of the Mossy Oak version of the T3 in 6.5x55 we bought, I was extreamely pleased when I opened The box and found that the gun had been advertised incorrectly! This perticular model has the FLUTED barrel same as the configuration as the Cabelas Superlite models. There was no mention of that in the discribtion....... :shock:
Gun weight is 5 lbs 15.8oz with out mounts and 7lbs 3oz as you see it sporting a Leupold 3x9 CDS in Leupold mounts ,in its full hunting Attire. I will try to get some more photos of it this week in the new Boyds Laminated Stock, with the tactical bolt installed! I will probably also install a new Athlon Helos 6x24x50 FFP scope in Warne 30mm mounts as soon as I can get my paws on one!IMAGE00142.jpgIMAGE00140.jpgIMAGE00141.jpg
Its a real little dandy (y)

Pretty nice, E. That would give any true gun nut the vapors! :shock:

Nice. Looks like a handy little rifle. I won't be surprised when it shoots like crazy for you. I think you did well E.

That looks very nice E, can't wait to see how it shoots for you. I bet you find pay dirt pretty quick.........

Thanks you for the complinents. I am very pleased with it.
Hopefully the laminated bench rest type stock will remove
Any instability problems inherited with the extremely lightweight camo stock that comes on them for hunting. Here is the new SS Tactical bolt handle installed! Very pleased with the craftsmanship involved to machine this!IMAGE00144.jpg Should get the laminated stock fitted in the next couple of days. More pics then. (y)

Not sure if its ok to mention this in this thread or not , we will remove it if it isnt. But after ALOT of hours of research
And phone conversations I applied yesterday to become the dealer for the new Athlon Scopes, north of New York. and it goes without saying that NOSLER board members should PM me if they
See any of their products they could be interested in!!!
Their First Focal Point scopes are at a price point never seen before in the industry. You owe it to yourself to do a little research on this product if you want to be current with where the techno in LR optics really is ar the moment. Your going to be hearing ALOT more about them
In the coming year, their binos just got Editors Choice for
2016 from Outdoor Life magazine....... Their scopes are being reviewed all over youtube.......

Cheers
E

Ok here it is all done for bench shooting in the laminated
Stock........ Tac bolt installed. Came out exactly what I wanted.....IMAGE00145.jpgIMAGE00146.jpgIMAGE00147.jpgIMAGE00148.jpg
Nice stable platform now, But will it shoot???? Will try
And get the 4x16 Weaver Tac installed tomorrow and go from there....... Gun weighed 6.2 before striped, now with Leupold bases, longer SS bolt handle and wood stock it still only weighes 7lbs 1.5 oz !!!! So will have to weigh it again but its going to be around 8.5 lbs all up in its " bench rest attire". I did weigh the factory "camo stock" and it came in 1lb 10.5oz..... of course that will be back on it during hunting seasons! Those are the numbers. So I may call the laminated stock "the Florida stock" as it only goes on in the winter :lol:
Anyway for now its a compleated project!

Looks good Earl. I may end up putting my new to me .338 Win in one if the factory stock isn't suitable.

That looks pretty sharp E. Should be perfect for what you are wanting to do...

You need to foul that barrel and take some pictures... You're holding out on us!

Very nice.. looks great.
That action really resembles the Ruger American..
Are they related?
Take care
Ed

Ok getting the Weaver mounted up on the Tikka same mounts but spacing closer on T3 than a 700. Had to move
The rear ring. Getting ready to shoot this thing!
IMAGE00152.jpg
IMAGE00157.jpg
Well I just finished shooting it with some PPU Match 120gr
And the accuracy was good 2" groups at 300 yds
But the velocity leaves ALOT to be desired !
They would kill a small rabbit but a big one would
Probably get away ! Looked like just under 2600 fps!
So I guess it must be downloaded to the 45k or less preasures.
No kick at all about like a 22 magnum! The 243 had more felt recoil.
I only bought the PPUs for the brass so just pull them now and load
Some stuff up to modern preasures.
This ammo would be perfect for 8/10 year old firing a gun for first time. IMAGE00158.jpg

Back