Tikka T3 Mossy oak!

Those loads might be a but slow but you now know for sure your gun is going to shoot 8)

Yep I think I lucked out again. Gerry I was blasting it every shot with WD40 then couple of wet patches then one just to take the excess out of the bore so the first 25 shots were
All on a clean and lubricated bore! So there was no gawling or glazing on that new barrel. She will shoot.
That stock is very easy to hold plumb with that flat bottom
Forearm they designed into it, but of course I was also checking the level every shot.
The recoil was so light it amazed me, of course the scope and the lazer weight is 3lbs.So we are now up to almost 10 lbs . This stock with its monte carlo raised check piece, has your eye lines up nicely, for the center of the scopes ocular lens, thus it gives you perfect alligment.
Also the design of the stock is transfering the felt recoil straight back with very little muzzle rising. Soooo nice to shoot! *****
I had tuned this trigger ,and set it up for 2 1/4 lbs exactly same as the 25/06 was set. So everything is firmilar when I am stumbling around in the dark ,getting ready to shoot coyotes, when they show up in the middle of the nite! I gotta say This has an excellent crisp trigger in it. I have to tip my hat to Sako........... They do a nice job.
I will pull a box of the 120gr bullets tomorrow and load up
Some 139 Bergers with RL 26 and see if this Sako barrel will stand up and salute!IMAGE00159.jpg
This is looking right back towards Gerrys house!

Very nice project so far Earl. Looking forward to seeing how it does with handloads. Bret

Here are some Bergers we loaded today they will be .015 off the lands ,and have 48 grs up thru 50grs in .5 steps of RL 26. Of course we are Anxious to see how they perform 3.150.IMAGE00164.jpg

Even though I am not really into posting pics of
Targets.......... Here is one I couldn't resist.... (y)
Here is a two shot group I just fired at exactly 300yds
With the Bergers and 50 GRS of RL26@ 2825fps
I am very pleased with this, without spending $3/4000
To get here.........
It took 18 clicks Down to get it here from the zero with 120gr PPU that were going 2575.........
Huge difference in trajectories...
That is a rip in bullseye where there was a staple. Pic is turned 90 degrees so holes are exactly an inch high.....
IMAGE00189.jpg

Looks like your load work is done buddy. Can't say you'll not love that sucker for what you are Doing with it.

Well now if we can get a song dog out to the bait, (have a big buck mink living there now) I could report how they react to a Berger at 2800......... We will see

Those 6.5mm 140's are some Loong looking cruise missiles. They should work well. Good luck with those dogs.

I predict this gun and the 6.5x55 are going to become one of your favourites :) Things are looking really good so far.

Thanks Gerry n Bret,
Well I have no idea what they will do to a coyote at that velocity ?? When a coyote shows up at 300yds, I will be sure and give him the"bullet proof" test! Will it be fast enough to open the Berger up, and have it do some devistation ........ Inside them??
Or will it simply pass right thru......?? Since I have no experience with Bergers, I don't really know what to expect? After the flawless performance of the 25/06 and Blitz Kings! Is anything else going to stand up??. A 25 lb animal ,doesn't really offer much resistance to a 140 gr bullet. I of course, have a couple of boxes of 139gr SSTs, (if the Bergers won't work well on deer??)That will make a great whitetail load for the Sweede, But I guess we are back out on thin ice again, hoping to find a long range bullet; That will still expand violently on a 25 lb animal at 300 yds or further ??? Sorta a tall order I guess.....
E
Darrick-coyote.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. One of the fellas here shot a coyote recently with a 130 Berger from a 6.5x47 and didn't get an exit at 200'ish yards. It will be pretty interesting to see what happens E.

From the ulitimate handbook;
"And what I had feared the most, has now come upon me". :oops:
Well of course it didnt work....... First one outta the box we had a complete pass thru.....
Back to the drawing board in search of a coyote bullet.

You had pretty good luck last year with Sierras in your 25-06. I'd try some of their varmint bullets in .264. It's been so long since I loaded for any .264 I couldn't tell you what they make them in anymore, but we always had good luck with Sierras.

Sounds like good advice Bret, appreaciate it olde boy!
We are probably going to look at some of the 120/123gr
Stuff. I read a post from a fella with a 260R that was getting "explosive" results on groundhogs @ 300yds with
Hornadys 123 SSTs going 3000k at the muzzle.
Apparently ( according to him) because Hornady designed
That projectile for the Grendel cartridge, they lightened the jacket, for the reduced velocity from the smaller case capacity.
He also claimed to have shot numerous game with the 129gr SSTs and remarked that there was a vast difference
Between their expansion rate.
So that certainly sounds very promising.Did Someone mention there is a box on the way!

Here a quote from Rem 1100 over on LR forum, after he called Hornady about these Grendel bullets:
The bullets terminal velocity envelope is 1600 to 3300 fps and the bullet is extremely accurate. However, this bullet is designed to deliver all of its energy inside an animal and generally does not pass through an animal. These bullets have been extremely successful in this cartridge in mid-western and southern states where deer are shot at longer ranges. Quote from Hornady Tech.
Sounds just what the Dr ordered?????
So for now we are on hold.image037.jpg

Back