Took the plunge

444marlin

Beginner
Dec 6, 2004
After shooting a .375 H&H for the first time yesterday I decided that this morning I would go nab the only 24" stainless encore barrel chambered in .375 H&H that the local gun shop had. $223 more + a new fore end and I'll have a really sore shoulder :lol:

As soon as I get the dies and bullets I'm gonna load up some 260gr partitions and 260gr accubonds for my new cannon 8)

What prompted your infatuation with the 375 H&H ? I full understand the Encore part. That is what I shoot exclusively.

The .375h&h is a great old cart. than can just about do it all. I prefer it in a good bolt action, then it is usefull for DG hunting. Try 4064 & RL15 w/ the lighter bullets & 4350 & RL19 for the heavy weights.

Well, what really made me interested in it was its recoil was WAY more tolerable than I thought it would be. Heck, I figured I would have to have someone pick up all my teeth and re attach my shoulder but it was very tolerable. I also have been wanting something big and powerful besides my .300 wsm and .300 win mag because up in the mountains where we hunt, there is a bad bear problem and although it is illegal to shoot bear in the section we hunt even if its for protection I will shoot a bear to save my life if I have to.

That and %99 of the people around here are intimidated by anything bigger than 7mm mag :lol:

Back