TSX

Hello,
The *Dropped Like a Lightning Bolt* really depends on cal, bullet weight, and game to be taken. I have a good friend who uses a .243 to kill pigs and deer. He started using the 85gr TSX and I am here to tell you the 4 pigs i have seen him drop were dead on the spot. So it really does depend on a few factors as to whether they drop where they stand, or run a bit and die.

Happy shooting all,
Gary
P.S. My .300 win mag loves 165 TSX with nosler brass and IMR7828ssc powder. A most excellent GP load! I need to try the E Tips soon ;)

I used some (300 win mag) 200 grain tsx on a deer hunt a couple years back. They worked just great.

Loaded some 180 MRX in my wifes 300 WSM Moose hunted with this rifle this last year but did not get one.

I have some of those 200 TSX and some 168 TTSX that I plan one using in a 300 rum.

I also have a box of 165 TSX that I may put in the 300WSM or an 30-06.

Thinking about using the 168 TTSX in all three rifles with some 200 TSX for the 300 rum for Brown bear.

Remember with the tsx...go light! A 200 TSX gives you almost next to nothing over a 168 or a 180. They all penetrate.

My buddy and i both shoot 225 gr. tsx out of our .338 win mags and both shoot five shot groups under an inch. I load mine with 75 rgains of RL 19 and get 2900 out if it, I think he uses 68 grains of IMR4350 and gets about 2800. He shot a nice six point bull quartering towards him at eighty yards this year and hit the point of the close shoulder and found it fully intacted just infront of the off side hind quarter under the hide.

Finally had a chance to load up a few different loads using the 115 grain TSX in my .257 Weatherby. The RL 22 and IMR 4350 loads that I tried shot 1.60" and 2.16" respectively...I was a bit down in the mouth until the third group. I was using 64.0 grains of IMR 4831, the 115 grain TSX, at about 3,250 FPS. This three shot group was shot at 100 yards, and measured 0.54". I will be loading another 6 rounds just to make sure the load is good, and then hope to settle on this as my new go to combination for pronghorns and deer.
-TB

115GrainTSXLoad.jpg

TBASTIAN

Nice shooting! After you verify the load, try adjusting the COL. You might get your grooups even smaller!

JD338

JD338
Thanks for your response. I'm currently loading these at 3.12" OAL. I don't have much extra room in the magazine to run these out more...will decreasing the OAL work, or does it usually need to increase in order to affect the grouping. Sorry for the ignorant question!
-TB

Since you are close to MAX OAL, try seating them a little deeper.
What you are ltrying to do is find the sweet spot. You may already be there but maybe .......

JD338

Back