Tweaking the Creedmoor once again

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Added another .001" neck tension to the 6.5 Creedmoor loads I used two weeks ago to see if it would show better results and by golly it did. Increasing neck tension helps reduce variables. Tension of about .002" to .003" is the norm. Three shot group at 300 yards. This is so far the best group at 300 yards I ever made in my life, and I may or may not not ever shoot that group again.
tqSG3aW.jpg

ZKgZn3o.jpg

5 shot group with unexplained flyer from two weeks ago.
pcnptsq.png

I can't see your pictures on my work computer TD, but what are your specs on your load?

I am assuming the targets look great though as I usually get to see tiny groups from your guns.

SJB358":2hu4r4et said:
I can't see your pictures on my work computer TD, but what are your specs on your load?

I am assuming the targets look great though as I usually get to see tiny groups from your guns.

Are you able to see it now? I used the code instead because Imgur is having problems.

The load is :
6.5 Creedmoor
H4350: 42.4 grains
Fed210M primer
140 Berger Hybrid
Nosler brass: Full sized with .290 bushing ( loaded neck is .293" )
Ogive: 2.217"

TD, it isn't your side, it is mine here at work, it just blocks IMGUR.

Great sounding load. What sorta speed do you get from that combo?

SJB358":1fvyc0uc said:
TD, it isn't your side, it is mine here at work, it just blocks IMGUR.

Great sounding load. What sorta speed do you get from that combo?

It's 2,755 fps and I wasn't pushing it much out of a 26 inch barrel. Seems the faster speed pushes it out of the node, so I stuck with this charge.

I hope you do, but I'd say there's a good chance you're right. Be almost impossible to duplicate a group like that again at 300 yds. Quite an accomplishment and an amazing group at that distance!

Thanks folks for the nice compliments, what I truly liked was that the cold bore shot was in that 3 shot group.

That is one impressive looking group, awesome shooting and reloading. I was feeling pretty good with my .75 200 yard group with my 300 rum until i saw that group.

Back