Varmint scope power?

10 x or up to 16x will work fine ,, Even a 3x 9 would work , but if you want to reach out there you'll want to go up to a 16x or more ,,,

I think a 6-18x with AO is just right for a .22 centerfire. I have a pair of VX-IIs and they're good scopes.

I think a 4.5x14 on a 22 center fire is a good way to go. More magnification would be better suited to a larger caliber, one that will handle the wind better than the 22 cals.

JD338

+1 on the B&L 4000. I have that same scope on my 22-250 and like it alot. mostly use that gun for punching paper and a few yotes. For me and the type of Varmit hunting I do (mostly calling yotes and spotting badgers) a 4.5-14 will be my next scope. I don't live close to any p-dog towns, and we usually start haying around then so I can't get away if I wanted to. If I was shooting at smaller targets like p-dogs I would go with a 6-20 0r 6-18. If I get any sort of a warm day I have to turn my 4000 down to get rid of the mirage.

Hey DF, I have the exact B & L 4000 elite scope on my CZ in a 204.
I was wondering where you were able to get the sun shade for it.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3zg3rmhg said:
Hey DF, I have the exact B & L 4000 elite scope on my CZ in a 204.
I was wondering where you were able to get the sun shade for it.

Blessings,
Dan

Have you tried calling Bushnell. I believe the Bushnell 4200 is the same as the B&L Elite 4000 and their still making them.

Back