Which one???

• Viper

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Conquest

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Minox

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
So far, the only hold over reticle I've seen that I liked are in the Burris FFIIs. Small unobtrusive hashmarks. For the rapidZ800, it is going on varmint gun. usually midday on whistle pigs. My concern is where yours is, Dub. It may be doing some coyote work in lower light... I'm hoping the reticle will still be usable.

I have a TDS (Smith) reticle in my Kahles scope
and it works pretty well once you have tables of drop for various animals at set distances.

After taking what seemed like an eternity to settle on a scope for my bull barreled Varmint AR, I finally got one ordered and it just showed up a few minutes ago. :grin: Mounts should be here tomorrow, though :cry:

zeiss_zpsea6c2379.jpg

Went with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 with a RapidZ 800. CLNY didn't show any demo or open box models, but a quick sucking up email to Doug and he hooked me up with this one for 519 :grin:

That's a great price Robert! You scored big there. That would look pretty sharp on my 338 I think!

I have no doubt that you will be pleased with that scope, Robert. Congratulations!

That is a good price for that scope and he even gave you a hat! No hat for me with my order, he is probaby still mad at me for my review of the Minox? Mine came yesterday.

Anyhow, really nice scope Robert. Seems like overkill to put it on an AR unless it is a target version.

Charlie, it is a 20" bull barreled AR for little varmints and paper punching, so yes... kind of a target rifle. My other AR wears a little 3x Nikon and my next build will likely be an open sight rifle.

Back