Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50

Rem 700

Beginner
Jan 26, 2009
I noticed that the older 1" tube model is on sale now for around $100. The optics are fully multi coated which suprises me for that price. Anybody have any success with this scope? I read some forums that say that the full 24x is a little dark (but what do you expect for the price) but even at 24x it is very clear. Anybody want to weigh in?
One concern I have is that the max internal MOA adjustment is listed at 25. If that means 25 total (12.5 above zero and 12.5 below zero) I might have problems. I'll need at least 20 MOA above zero to get out to around 1000 yards with my 7RM. Does anybody undertsand the listed specs here?
Thanks.

I don't own a Crossfire but I have the Viper. Excellent products coming out from this company, so it should be a good scope. You need a canted base to increase your elevation. Get a 20 MOA cant and that should be ample for 1000 yards. DF

Yep I've got one.And three buddies that have them as well.
Mine is on a 7 Mag.
Two others are on 7 STWs with muzzle brakes and the last is on an AR in 6.5 Grendel.
Come Saturday morning one of the fellas will have another he's gonna put on a 25 WSSM.

They track great,the glass is clear and for a hundred dollar bill you can't beat it.
I use mine on 24 power as a spotting scope from time to time,it's as clear there as any other setting.
We as a group have had no bad experiences with any of them.
The one case where I did have a faulty scope from Vortex it was replaced with a new one in about a weeks time.

Howard

Back