Vortex Viper

Got side track there for a moment. Anyway, here's the picture of the new Viper. I opted for the 44 MM objective to maintain the slimline of the rifle.

65056.jpg

65058.jpg

65061.jpg

65057.jpg

65060.jpg

65059.jpg

For sure, I'm interested in how the scope performs. This thread has stimulated me to consider picking one up to test it for myself.

This a real interesting topic keep the post coming as I am looking to put something on top of my 35 Whelan.
Also I pray for a complete healing with your wife.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan!

My wife is getting better everyday so I'll be able to take a break here pretty soon and be able to test the scope. So far from the looks of it, the scope is solid. There are several feature that I really like on this scope. One in particular is the mag-view bar. You can look at the magnification setting without lifting your head. The thickness of the reticle is just about right for my aging eye. Resetting the low profile turret to zero is also a breeze. No tools needed! just lift the turret, line the zero index, drop and it's set. The glass is superior to any of my Leupold. This is due largely to the extra low despersion glass that Vortex use. The scope finish is very durable comparable to any of my Leupold and the body is one piece tube and filled with argon gas. The scope were made at the same facility where the Nikon Monarch are made and share similarity on some of the features. I don't own a Monarch but I have mounted a few for a friend and for those of you who own one, you know how good the scope is. So I think it's a winner! and I don't see any reason why this scope will not perform as it should.

DF,

It is really good to hear that your wife is gaining strength and recovering.

I still have not picked up a Vortex, but I did sell several this past weekend. Really, they sold themselves as customers picked them up and looked through them. The clincher was looking at the price. I did caution each of them that warranty service was an unknown that could not be addressed until needed. Here in Canada, Leupold has an excellent reputation for turn-around and service. That has certainly been a strong selling feature. It remains to be seen how the Vortex service compares when it is needed.

Thanks for the kind words DrMike!

As for the warranty on the Vortex, I talked to several people on another forum that had experienced dealing with them and everyone spoke highly about their experienced and all won't hesitate buying another Vortex again. They just unveiled a new Tactical scope called the Razor and from initial report it's an outstanding scope on par with S&B, US Optics and Premier. That tell's you where this company is going.

Back