What 4 cartridges for all of North America?

AW, POP!! COME ON!!! I'm Misserable enough as it is...... now ya got me cryin' on the key board!!!! I am SOOO home sick, its rediculous..."sniff, sniff" :cry: :cry: Show-off- :wink: Nice lawn ornaments though. CL

Here are a few more......almost in knife range. :lol:
SpotandStalkHunting.jpg

FallowDeer042308c.jpg

JD338

Do not know about knife Jim. But sling shot for sure! :wink:

My grandpa used to farm those fallow deer. They were awesome for attracting other whitetails near our property during the rut! Even had a few whitetails jump the fence and make it in. They are a very nice animal. Scotty

Mine would be
1. 22 or 17 thier both fun
2. 22 250
3. 25 06
4. 7mm RM
But those could change.

Hi I know that the question is 4 so I will give you them but we only need 2.

204 Ruger that is for Bob on another site.
270 win and that is for Jack and me
MR Holland & Holland 375
35 whelen because I should have never got rid of the one I had.

Blessings,
Dan

Alright, I'll bit too....

1. .22 LR
2. 12 Gauge Shotgun
3. 30-06
4. 375 H&H Mag.

All would get the job done for survival and all would be easy to find shells for.

Colin":1jayl1vq said:
Alright, I'll bit too....

1. .22 LR
2. 12 Gauge Shotgun
3. 30-06
4. 375 H&H Mag.

All would get the job done for survival and all would be easy to find shells for.

Good pick Colin! :lol:

JD338

17 mach 2
223 rem
25-06
300WM

not sure if i could live without a 22 WMR tho :cry:

If it had to be 5 rifles, I'd throw in a 338 (WM, RUM, WBY) or 325wsm, but I think my winny could handle all the big stuff :grin:

22 LR
243 Win or AI
280 Rem or AI
300 RUM

How could i leave out the 12 Ga Super Black Eagle II :shock:

22LR
.300WSM
.338RUM
With the variety of bullet weights available in the centerfires no need to look any further.

Woodycreek, bought a SBEll 3 years ago all I can say is wow.
I am really interested in the new one.

Blessings,
Dan

My SBE II is a do all shotgun to say the least. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, duck and goose hunting, deer hunt, and even alittle up close at night yote hunting with 3 1/2" #4 buckshot.

To be "well equiped" I figure a guy needs the following:

A rimfire. Made mine a 10/22 Ruger.

A varmit rifle. A center fire rifle in the the .177 to .243 range. .223 rem, 22-250 and .243 are hard to beat.

A medium workhorse. Something in the .25 to .30 caliber range with a case capacity in the .308 Winchester to .300 win mag range. There are just too many great options in this area to name, but anything thing with a 6.5 to .30 caliber bullet based off a .308 or 30.06 case is a great option.

A thumper: 8mm to .375 in caliber. 325 WSM, .338 Win/RUM, or .375 H&H/Rug are all great options.

A 12 gauge shotgun. Since it's a shotgun, it doesn't count as one of the 4 rifles. :wink:

At this point you are well equiped, and it's time to start thinking about your custom beanfield rifle. 6.2/284, 7mm STW, 300 RUM, 338 Edge, printed action, custom heavy barrel, 14x+ scope....you get the picture.

And last, is your hunting sidearm. .41 or .44 Magnum. In most western states it takes a .41 magnum + to be legal, and the recoil from the .44 magum is sufficent for me.

Ok, so maybe I'm streaching the definition of 4 "rifles" a bit, but with one rimfire, one shotgun, one pistol and 4 well chosen scoped rifles, you can be equiped for virtually every hunting opportunity in North America.

Sorry! I had company and they stayed in the computer room.
Oh boy I've been waiting for this question.
257 WBY (for varmints)
7MM RUM (Antelope and small deer)
300 RUM (Big deer and bear)
375 RUM (elk)
Sorry JD338 I had to leave one of the RUMs out (338) and I didn't put in my pig gun.
As DrMike says it would be ashame to limit ourselves to 4 calibers.
Greg

Greg Nolan":2ebyminp said:
As DrMike says it would be ashame to limit ourselves to 4 calibers.
Greg

Amen buddy!

JD338

Back