WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

I'll go with .358 at 225gr, .264 at 130 or 140, 308 at 165. Yeah, that 7mm in 120 gr, if it shoots as well as 120 BT's I'll switch to those too. Your 375 260's put good dents in 3/4 inch steel at 200 yards.

furn7r

They discontinued that bullet if I remember correctly. You might still be able to get a couple boxes of the uncoated version they have left, but I think they only have them in 30 cal 150g weight, and 27 cal 150 weight. That was a good bullet. Hmmmm, new AccuBond, well since I got a .270, I would probly shoot the 140g AB, if its accurate anyways, but I guess I'd like to see a 150g AB in a .277" offering. Would really make the .270 swing either way for deer/elk in my opinion. I would definately buy them to try for accuracy.

I'm going to be shooting a couple bullets today in wet newspaper. 140g gameking, 150g btip, and 140g AB, out of my .270 Win at 100 yards. I"ll also be shooting a 165g scirroco out of my 300 RUM, and a 250g gameking out of a 338 win mag. IF anyones interested, I'll post pics of the bullets along with the specs containing weight, and expansion.

A 7mm 120 grain AccuBond would be a real killer bullet for use in lightweight rifes like the model 7 Rem or the Titanium rifles. Light weight to control recoil, 2800-3000 fps, controlled expansion, good weight retention, solid construction for solid hits at close range or long range, you make 'em, I'll buy 'em by the 100's. A solid game killer without the recoil, great for youngsters or the little lady.....

Please consider making the AccuBond in 6.5. My choice of weight would be 140 grain. You guys should be able to make one and pull off a BC of around .525-.550. I love the way Accubonds work in my 30-06, and I am a big fan of bonded bullets. However, there is nothing currently available in the 6.5 except the Woodleigh Weldcore. Woodleighs perform well on game for me, but they're very pricey and have the BC of a brick.

I shoot two different 6.5's a .260 custom job built on a Model 7, and a Ruger #1 in 6.5-06 (also a custom job.) So far my go too bullet in both rifles has been the 140 Partition, and they've worked very well on game up too elk. The 140 Partitions I've recovered from game are usually around 95 grains, and they've never really had much of a mushroom left to them. The one AccuBond I recovered shot from my -06 retained about 70% of its weight and had an almost textbook mushroom to it.

I think you guys are really onto something with the AccuBond. In the calibers I've loaded them in, they're as accurate as most "match" bullets. I just wish they were available in the 6.5 size. I'd do my best to shoot a lot of them.

Please, please. 165 grain in 30 cal. I don't want to be stuck with the Barnes 165 TSX with a .505 BC. The weight varies too much from bullet to bullet. I like the BC of the 165 BTip and the weight retention of the AccuBond.

here in scandinavien a lot of hunters uses 224" calibers for roedeer and a bullet that many uses is the ballistic tip (varmint type) with more or less good results... they do not penetrate well, because it is after all just a varmint bullet... but they are very accurate, thats mainly the reason why they are used...
it would be great to get some Accubonds in the 55, 65 and/or 75 grains range...

a much used caliber over here is also the 9,3mm and it would be great to see some accubonds there too, in the 250-300 grains range...

I'd like to see a 168gr .308 AccuBond available, preferably with a BC like the bthp match version...

Problem with most heavy 224" bullets is that most rifles dont have the proper twist to stabilize them. You need a custom barrel with a 1 in 9 or 8 twist to shoot those bullets. Factory varmint rifles are designed to shoot nothing heavier then a 55g bullet. I tried the 60g vmax out of my swift 1 in 14" and got 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Just doesn't work. If they made a AB in 224", they should make it in a 55g offering, so everyone could use it. Here in Oregon, 224" is legal for deer and antelope hunting. I have seen several 1 shot kills on deer out to 350-400 yards with the 55g btips out of 22-250's and 220 swifts. At that range, the bullet has slowed down enough so that the expansion is not so rapid, and with a shoulder shot, they absolutely drop on the spot.

well... here in europe there are severel hunting rifles, not varmintrifles, that are chambered in 224" with a quick twist faster than 1-14... the average distance the game is shot is 50-90 yds...

the 223 Rem is becomming more and more popular over here and the rifles for them are often with the prober twist to stabilize the heawyer bullets...

among other calibers used is 5,6x57 and that is a great performer with 75 grains bullets but must have real good quality bullets when 55 grains is used...

it is always great to have a choice in bullet weight, so one can match the bullet to the gun and the game huntet...

Please offer a 6.5mm in 100, 125 or 129 and 140 grain. I currently have (2) 260 Remingtons (700 Mountain DM & Encore pistol) and am in the process of building (2) more custom Encores in 6.5-284 Winchester and either 6.5MM Remington Magnum or 264 Winchester Magnum.

Can you tell I love the 6.5mm cartridges?

A 100 grain AccuBond from a 26" or 28" barrel 264 Win Mag would be very deadly medicine for Antelope and Texas whitetail.

I'll have to agree w/ Su35 on the 9.3 in a 230/235 area....should absolutely hammer hogs/bear/elk etc. :twisted:

416...325 gr. Oh wait I posted this already!!!! :twisted:

2ndtimer":25yc2goc said:
Richracer1":25yc2goc said:
I'd like a 90 or 100gn AccuBond in .277. This would be an amazing coyote round. :twisted:
Heck, I would settle for a 90, 100, or even 110 gr Ballistic Tip in .277. Would sure make my .270WSM into one heck of a rock chuck gun. Then I would have to get a 4.5-14X Leupold to replace the lowly Burris FFII 3x9 for those 300 yard chucks!
I agree with this as well!
A 130g 270 would be nice too.

Back