what is going on?

Ridge_Runner

Handloader
Sep 29, 2006
why can you walk in any store and find every hornady bullet made, any small rifle primer made ,look online and hammer has everything they make in stock, but nosler and berger bullets are nowhere to be found?

I have been finding some Berger in stock online, and have even turned down some that I had a on a notification list

I have been looking for the 105 Hybrids for months - a year now, I wanted to buy three boxes of 500, and send 300 pieces to a friend who loaned me 300 pieces a few months ago. Each time I get an email or alert from shootingbot, I quickly go to the website and see that its Out Of Stock as usual!!! :mad:
Demand due to popularity. They need to step up production to meet our demands and needs.

Last edited:
Cabelas is Looooaded with Hornady bullets, Sierra very little Barnes next to nill, and Berger even less than Barnes. As far as I'm concerned, if Horandy was the only bullet made I wouldn't be disappointed.

This is exactly why I’m slowing changing over to Hornady in all my rifles. I wish Hornady would make a .204 bullet in something a little tougher than a V-Max… preferably around 35 grains. The 35 grain Berger is amazing.

This is exactly why I’m slowing changing over to Hornady in all my rifles. I wish Hornady would make a .204 bullet in something a little tougher than a V-Max… preferably around 35 grains. The 35 grain Berger is amazing.
Why would you need anything tougher for a 204 ruger?

There are so many in line to grab these it’s unbelievable. I hope those who are scarfing them up aren’t flipping them.
That's exactly what's happening. A guy can make some pretty good side money selling components on Gun Broker.
I'm sure a few have made enough money to find some pretty good hunts.

JD338

Why would you need anything tougher for a 204 ruger?
Because the 32 V max is super fragile. I’ve had several splash impacts on coyotes with the 32 grain pills. I switched to the 35 Berger and have had no more issues. The 35 Berger has performed just as everything I’ve read said it would…and even better.

Because the 32 V max is super fragile. I’ve had several splash impacts on coyotes with the 32 grain pills. I switched to the 35 Berger and have had no more issues. The 35 Berger has performed just as everything I’ve read said it would…and even better.
Just curious,
Do the Bergers exit coyotes?

JD338

Curious if Hornady saw the writing in the wall and stocked up on components ahead of time so as to not be impacted by COVID-19 and the supply chain issues...and if they do not produce for military contracts as some of the other companies do...if their business model caters more to the reloader and hunter than military it could make a big difference...dunno...just ponderings.

How far of a shot with the 32 ?

my 20 tac didn't like the bergers so I use the 39 gr. blitz kings with good results

I nailed a coyot at 25 yds with a 70 nosler bt with a .243, blew it’s stomach wide open and ran at least 100 yds before clasping. Didn’t think about how explosive those bullets are ! Guess l’ll leave them to chucks!

Just curious,
Do the Bergers exit coyotes?

JD338
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. I keep a 204 Ruger in my truck and have used it on a lot of critters, including a pile of pigs. It surprised me at how deadly it is on wild hogs. I get better penetration with the Berger, but still get good bang-flop kills on coyotes and bobcats.

Back