What is your favorite oddball round.

If I could find one I would add the 25 wssm to my collection as well. They are as scarce as hen's teeth around here though!

I would buy that ultimate shadow stainless in a second, but they don't ship to Canada! I just missed out on a blued ultimate shadow from the gun dealer in NB last year. Called on it and it sold an hour before I called! Haven't been able to find one since.

FOTIS":2i7vyeey said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Bolt-Action-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=25+wssm

King enabler strikes again!

I do like them M70, but I would immediately screw off the factory barrel and have a .358 tube installed. But $900 for the bargain basement model is too rich for me.

I like the 6.5 gibbs, runs a 140 at 3280 fps while burning 62.7 gr of powder
100_0288.jpg

does ok when the ranges get a bit longer
100_1183.jpg

RR

Gotta love that Gibbs man!

Also a fan of the 264 stw :shock:

Note to self... quit reading Ridge_Runner's posts... I feel a nearly overwhelming urge to build some sort of Gibbs...

What are the specs on that rifle. I think Ridge Runner might be the new enabler that might be my next build.

buckfever":221t2tqs said:
What are the specs on that rifle. I think Ridge Runner might be the new enabler that might be my next build.
its just a LH 700 action, 30" kreiger 8 twist, seekins 20 MOA base, seekins rings, leupold 8.5x25x50 mark 4 M1, TMR, all pillared and glassed into a joel russo A5-L. metal smithed by Ray Romain of brockport pa, shoots way better than I do, here is the best group from it to date, 3 shots using 140 bergers/62.7 gr. retumbo/fed. 210's with win brass running 3268 fps at a lazered 752 yards
2shots.jpg

RR

BK":og2hv3ym said:
Note to self... quit reading Ridge_Runner's posts... I feel a nearly overwhelming urge to build some sort of Gibbs...
good thing I didn't post a pic of my 7mm AM long shot!
awe hell I'll do it anyway!
1350.jpg

RR

338-06
Weatherby Lightweight

210gr Nosler Part or 200gr Nosler E Tip
IMR 4320 @ 53.0
Fed 210M Primer in WW Brass

Excellent 300 yard rifle.

220 Swift
260Rem oddball now because of lack of rifles.
7x57 Mauser great round that is almost forgotten
8x57 Mauser same as the 7x57
222 Remington great little cartridge that is insanely accurate but lost out to the 223
The good old 22 short great for close up pests without a lot of noise or fuss.

35 remington for me. I own a pair in model 141 from remington. Heavy..horrible balance...but just awesome to shoot.

I've always wanted to play with a .300 Whisper, .408 Chey-tac and for a deer rifle, I don't think you could go wrong with a .257 Roberts.

Anybody can take their .308 and make it into a Whisper with a can of TiteGroup pistol powder. I made a .340 Weatherby load that clocks 1500 fps can you imagine shooting rats with a .340?

Back