What rifles seem to be increasing in popularity?

Nosler, what's the chance of offering .260 rem match grade brass? Keep in mind that Lapua .308 sells for $35/100, avoiding re-forming and neck turning is worth a small premium, but don't get carried away.

Nosler,

I would suggest that you look at the 6mmbr.com web site. I believe I
have the web site name correct. One thing that surprised me is the
interest in the 30 BR cartridge shooting a 118 grain bullet with a 1 in 17
or 1 in 18 twist. If you could develope something suited to that game
that is also frangible it might sell.

I would like it to be also be useful for varmint shooting. I like to practice
a lot with my 30 caliber rifles and a true varmint bullet in 308 would
be great.

For all around usage the 6.5x55 seems to have seen a noticeable increase in popularity lately. One of the die manufacturing companies used to list what dies they were selling the most of which offers a good idea, but I haven't seen it in several years. The old 6.5x55 has been around for over 100 years. I'm glad to see it's finally catching on in N. America. Best wishes.

Honestly, I just went to the Winchester web site and ALL of their Mod 70's are now ONLY available in a WSM or WSSM cartridge.

Seems like those SHORTS are gaining much popularity to me.

It seems the most popular cartridges in the US at the moment are the 6.5x55 and the .204Ruger. My major concern is the manufacturers. CZ's
popularity is really on the upswing, ditto for Tikka while many of our US manufacturers are slipping in the quality of their firearms. The quest for the bottom line profit is starting to show in the rifles produced. It seems like it might be a repeat of the automobile experience where we gave the industry away. I could be wrong here. I hope I am. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

The 6.5-284 is popular for long range, but a certain individual (that owns the current long range record at Camp Perry) stated " I will never shoot a 6.5 again, now that the 115 gr bullet is available."

A 115 gr match bullet for 6mm would be a good choice.

I think all of the 6.5 rounds are experiecing a sizable gain in popularity, not merely the 6.5x55. You could probably get a good idea by sending RCBS an email asking them what dies they sell the most of for a recent year. RCBS seems to be about the most popular die maker for most shooters, and their sales would be a good indicator. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Back