Where are all the Ballistic Tips?

Ive got a good many NBT's hiding out on my reloading bench. Here's part of the 7mm 150 gr NBT's I bought just before all this bullet "unobtanium" started. I started not to buy all of these that I did but I sure am glad I did now!
You're breakin' my heart. I just loaded the last five 150 7mm BT's for my 280 AI from a box that had a $11.95 price tag on it. The sad part is that they are lookin' like they are a really good choice for my rifle. RATS! Can't find them. I like to do load development with BT's and switch to Accubonds for hunting. Pretty much a bumpless transition.

Last edited:
You're breakin' my heart. I just loaded the last five 150 7mm BT's for my 280 AI from a box that had a $11.95 price tag on it. The sad part is that they are lookin' like they are a really good choice for my rifle. RATS! Can't find them. I like to do load development with BT's and switch to Accubonds for hunting. Pretty much a bumpless transition.

When I bought these 150 NBT's I was using them in my 280 and they shot really well. That was until I tried the 154 gr SST. The 154 SST is simply outstanding out of my 280 with IMR-7828. I really have no use for the 150 gr NBT's except as trading fodder for 154 gr SST's.

I’ve been scouring for 165’s for a long while
Same, I was only able to get the 150's a few months ago, 5 boxes should last me a while. It's the first time I'm running the 150 BT through my rifle and I'm in the process of doing load development on it. I should get 2900 + fps on it with Varget.

Same, I was only able to get the 150's a few months ago, 5 boxes should last me a while. It's the first time I'm running the 150 BT through my rifle and I'm in the process of doing load development on it. I should get 2900 + fps on it with Varget.
yep I got mine from blue collar reloading..He's got more of the 140 6.5 BT's back in stock as of yesterday
Optics planet has 165 ballsitic tips in stock, kind of pricy at $37.00
165 NBT

Last edited:
yep I got mine from blue collar reloading..He's got more of the 140 6.5 BT's back in stock as of yesterday
I got stocked up on the 140 Ballistic Tips several weeks ago from Blue Collar. It was good to have those. I just need some 165 / 168 for my .308, hopefully find them cheaper than Optics Planet.

Glad you guys are finding things you need. Here's the counter point- Optics Planet has Hornady 250 Savage of back order. if and when they bother to get it, they are asking for $55 a box of 20..... Dont tell me there isnt some profit taking going on.... Cripes its a 22-250 case, or the much bally who'd 6.5 Creed. I know, I know supply and demand yata yata... CL

Glad you guys are finding things you need. Here's the counter point- Optics Planet has Hornady 250 Savage of back order. if and when they bother to get it, they are asking for $55 a box of 20..... Dont tell me there isnt some profit taking going on.... Cripes its a 22-250 case, or the much bally who'd 6.5 Creed. I know, I know supply and demand yata yata... CL
Along that note I've noticed lately as well that SPS specifically is charging more in some cases, and hardly any less overall, for they're blems vs some other retailers for their premiums. Case in point SPS has 325WSM blemished brass listed for $116. It's $92 at Grafs for non blemished, that actually came up from about $86 a few days ago but still a $24, or about a buck a piece difference.

Back