which scope for people with glasses

hardpan

Handloader
Apr 16, 2007
I just found out that I need glasses, and my old Ziess binos are not going to work. So, the question which pair of binos to buy? Ziess Victory, Swarovski, Nikon? I am quite spoiled by my old ziess, and do not want to sacrifice quality at all. In fact, my glasses will be the worst optics that i will ever own,

I know quite a bit about glass. coatings, and optics in general, but not sure about how the glasses will work with the binos. Have to order these, and want to do it right the first time.

thanks in advance.
Hardpan.

hardpan":lugdhh9f said:
I just found out that I need glasses, and my old Ziess binos are not going to work. So, the question which pair of binos to buy? Ziess Victory, Swarovski, Nikon? I am quite spoiled by my old ziess, and do not want to sacrifice quality at all. In fact, my glasses will be the worst optics that i will ever own,

I know quite a bit about glass. coatings, and optics in general, but not sure about how the glasses will work with the binos. Have to order these, and want to do it right the first time.

thanks in advance.
Hardpan.
..................It seems to me that all you need to do, is check the eye relief specs for each of your possible choices. Go with the best eye relief in either the Zeiss, Swaro, or Nikon.

hardpan,

Just go to a store that sells them and try them out. Most have rubber eyecups these days which fold down for those who use glasses. The rubber is easier on your glasses lens.

Leupold scopes have a very long eye relief and I use them with glasses all the time. Their binos also have a long eye relief and I can glass all day with my glasses on.

Try Swarovski. I have the 7X42 SLC that I took on my Safari last month. I'm telling you I'm glad I did. The only drawback is the weight. The HD version are much lighter but you'll pay 30% more.

was Ziess Diavari. second with Swaro 30mm... one is 3x12 and the other 4x12. I could adjust both for my eye! on a budget I would buy the 1 inch swaro... The rest did not measure up.
hardpan.

+3 on contacts! Glasses fog up, fall off, get scratched, and have blind spots on the edges. Contacts are also alot cheaper than a new set of binos. If you get them, get them a few months before hunting season because they do take some getting used to.

Back