Which way is Up?

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Seriously, The VXII I just got back from Leupold....I think its backwards, follow the arrow for right and the dot moves left. Same way for up and down. Using a lazer bore sighter so I just clamp the whole thing in the vise and look through the scope and move the dot til it lines up with the Laser dot. Is this somthing particular to the target Dot reticle I had installed? CL

The reticle moves contrary to the point of impact. It wounds like it is working properly.

Dr. Mike is right - think of it as "moving your bullet hole" to line up with the point of aim. If you shoot the first group 3" to the left, you'd turn it right 3" to "move" the bullet hole to the point of aim.

Dr.Mike is absolutely right. When you move the dial to the right it moves the reticle to the left, same with going up the reticle moves down. A bow sight does the same thing.

Yeah, I knew it had to be somthing like that. Counter intuitive, a little, and when you are just a little paranoid..... Hope to get out friday for a final sight in and some load testing. Thanks guys. CL

Dang, gotta love them leupolds. took two shots to convince myself that I wasnt missing four inches low. (I lined the dot (cross hairs) on the laser dot so I was low. 32 clicks up ( I was shooting at 50 yards with a 12 ga. slug gun) put me dead on. Eight more clicks make me an inch high and two shots touch in the top of a three inch bull. THAT is wiorth "paying for the name"! Thanks "Ackley"!

each graduation up moves the crosshair down, when you realign on target the bullet hits higher, basicly just like open sights.
RR

Yup....worked just like its supposed to. Just seemed counter-intuitive at the time I made the original post. Thanks all. CL

And just wait 'till somebody brings you a scope'd rifle with the scope turned 90 degrees to the left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Looked ok to the owner, just couldn't get on the target!

Jim

CL

Get her mounted up and shoot. It is tracking just fine.

JD338

Back