While you're all talking about the 30 Nosler...

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
...I heard from Nosler's reps at the PA show that they've secured SAAMI approval for the 33 Nosler, 35 Nosler, and 9.3 Nosler.

Better make sure the dentist put your fillings in good if you're gonna shoot those boomers!

That's correct. I believe there is also a 37 Nosler too.
I'm guessing a 33 Nosler will be introduced next year.

JD338

Maybe they rounded up on the 9.3 (.366) and called it the 37? That'd fit with the naming convention.

He wouldn't say if anything else was planned, but with the existence of the 460WBY, I'll bet they're going to keep on pushing it.

Looks like Nosler is going after market for big caliber rifles and squeeze Weatherby some.
Anytime you mention the M48 over on the Nation there is always negative feed back on how they're over priced and how the new Nosler rounds won't stand the test of time. I wish I was better healed so I could afford to buy an M48 since I prefer the looks and feel over the Weatherby I once owned and it was won in a raffle not bought.

I'd bet the 37 Nosler is .375" dia...

Give them a cartridge legal for dangerous game in many African countries.

Ooooh, good point.

The 9.3 sorta surprises me, as it doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort when they'd have a 35 and 375?

tddeangelo":38ymyyll said:
Ooooh, good point.

The 9.3 sorta surprises me, as it doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort when they'd have a 35 and 375?

Thems fightin words to a few folks on here :lol:

Oh I'm all good with a 9.3. But it seems like they're crowding themselves a bit?

I guess since they have 26, 27, 28, and 30, though, maybe they're just getting all the bore sizes set up with SAAMI and then they'll figure out from there what they will release/sell.

I think its safe to say they've already decided what will be released...

It stands to reason that they would release one in every suitable popular caliber.

From my ponderings on the matter that would be 26, 27, 28, 30, 33, 35, 37, 41, and 45.

Not because they're all necessary... But because they will sell.

They have the case design.... The rest is easy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm potentially interested in a 33... I'm sure it will beat you like you owe it money though.

Check what websites are taken and it will give you a pretty good idea what Nosler has in store :wink: . They already bought the domains for the ones they have planned to do.

A 9.3 nosler would keep me from doing a 9.3 Weatherby wildcat I've been considering.

I have to wait 2 yrs for my 35 N9sler. I understand why they are doing it that way but it sucks all the same.

Back