Winchester Super Shadow

I have a 30-06 in a new Kimber of Oregon Super Grade model 89 but I can honestly say I've never shot one in the last 25 years that I can remember. I got a deal on it and stuck it in the safe years ago. It still sits there new unfired to this day.

Running the numbers on JBM a 30-06 has 21lbs of recoil at 10.25lbs with a 200gr bullet and mine has 27.9 with 215's at 2950fps. So that means it has about 1/3 more recoil.

IdahoCTD":35sw9u0p said:
I have a 30-06 in a new Kimber of Oregon Super Grade model 89 but I can honestly say I've never shot one in the last 25 years that I can remember. I got a deal on it and stuck it in the safe years ago. It still sits there new unfired to this day.

Running the numbers on JBM a 30-06 has 21lbs of recoil at 10.25lbs with a 200gr bullet and mine has 27.9 with 215's at 2950fps. So that means it has about 1/3 more recoil.

Thank you for the great Info Idaho!
I was given a Mauser 98 action .30-06 as a high school graduation present that had a 20 inch barrel. It wasn't exactly light, but not heavy either. I had shot it right after I got done with BMTS in 1987, and that SOB kicked like a mule! That was the worst shooting 06 I've ever had! It felt like it kicked as much as a Ruger M77 .300 Win Mag I bought several years later. I never shot more than 180 grain bullets out of that damned thing. I sold it later down the road because it made me flinch so bad. I couldn't hit anything with it because of that reason. So I'm thinking the .300 WSM will be on par with that. Or maybe less, because the Winchester M70 is much heavier with a 24 inch barrel. I'm anxious to find out!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Anyone have 165-168 grain bullet loads to share, along with 180 grainers to pass along?
I would greatly appreciate it!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

70-71 grains of RL19 works magically in my best friends 300 WSM with a 165 AB.. The few times it has shot around 3-4" at 600 yards.

SJB358":2me2gnuv said:
70-71 grains of RL19 works magically in my best friends 300 WSM with a 165 AB.. The few times it has shot around 3-4" at 600 yards.

Holy Toledo! That's amazing accuracy at that distance!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

It runs about 3125 or so from his rifle and is fairly pleasant to shoot as well. Overall it is one of those combos that has shot well in a few 300 WSMs.

SJB358":286hnatq said:
It runs about 3125 or so from his rifle and is fairly pleasant to shoot as well. Overall it is one of those combos that has shot well in a few 300 WSMs.

Holy Moly! Those are superb groups at 200 Yes! I never knew the .300 WSM was capable of that kind of accuracy![emoji15][emoji7]
The 3125 fps, was that with the 180 grain, or 165 grain bullet?

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

165 Accubonds.

It's a great load. I've wanted to try some others but this is plenty fast enough and the 165 AccuBond is a heckuva great bullet in my opinion. Seen it in action against big bones and it holds up really well.

SJB358":zvjieqvw said:
165 Accubonds.

It's a great load. I've wanted to try some others but this is plenty fast enough and the 165 AccuBond is a heckuva great bullet in my opinion. Seen it in action against big bones and it holds up really well.

To me that's plenty fast for a 165 grain bullet. I have the utmost confidence in Nosler bullets. Love the Partitions, and the Ballistic Tips. Fotis has been selling me on the Accubonds, and I'm definitely going to try them out! Plus the powder combo you suggested. That looks unbeatable!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

What's the biggest and baddest animal anyone has taken with their .300WSM?

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Back