windham weaponary src

adm1977

Beginner
Feb 16, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with these firearms? I was thinking about picking one up to plink with. I don't know a whole lot about ar's and have posted on a couple of other forums. I am just trying to get as much info as I can before I shell out money for a gun. They seem like they have a lot going for them as far as what you get for the price. I thought I was pretty much settled on a Rock River but then I read about these and I am not sure now. Any advice or first hand experience would be great.

My only requirement from an AR is a 1/7 twist. I don't think there is a huge quality difference between the various manufacturers around that price for the Windham. Don't get too wrapped up in which manufacturer is better than which. Identify the features you want and get the best deal you can. Get as many good magazines you can and quality optics or iron sights and go.

I have to say that is my only concern with their guns. They come with a 1/9 twist. Everything else looks good about them, solid warranty, fit, finish etc all got good reviews by everyone that tested them.

Ya, the 1/9 is really okay, unless you're set on shooting the heavy bullets.

I shoot 55 and 69 gr bullets from my 1/9 Bushmaster, with good results. I don't even ask it to handle the loooong bullets.

Have heard only good things about Windham, but have to admit that I've never fired one.

Regards, Guy

Do you think open sights are worthwhile? They cost about $50 more. I think they are diamondhead brand rear and standard front.

I bought an SRC when they first reopened. It has been a great rifle. I have not had a malfunction during any qualifications. It shoots good with most ammo including hornady 75gr TAP which is what my department issues, i.e. what I wanted the department to issue. I take care of several Colt ARs for the department and I'd put the Windham higher on fit and finish. I have a Leupold VXR Patrol scope mounted on leupold base. I don't have any fixed sight on my rifle. I have purchased an offset pictiny base that I'm going to mount a small reflex sight. My eyes are getting too old for apertures or notch sights.

I have one that has been really solid. I put a new trigger and handguard on it. When I had a 10x scope on it I shot groups under 3/4" regularly, some under 1/2" with 55gr V max or SP loads it liked. It hasn't been picky on ammo or had issues feeding. I ended up getting a 20" AR that got the 10x scope and have a 1-4x on the Windham now for predator hunting in close quarters.

Back