With the Zeiss 2.5-8x32 discontinued.....

Scott Spencer

Handloader
Mar 27, 2008
does anyone know of a store/source that still has one in stock? All of the places I've googled have "out of stock" or "discontinued". I wonder how Zeiss will fill that slot/void? Was it just a poor selling scope for them? Their own website still shows the scope but I guess they just haven't updated it.

Scott, there is always the awesome 2.5x8 VX3 Leupold! It is an awesome piece of glass. I am sure the Zeiss is great too! I swear if I could do it all over again, I would run the 2.5x8 on everything I own. I like it that much. Plus, it is small enough in size that is looks good and handles well on my 338. Scotty

Powerstroke":2ouvhrxg said:
I know this isn't the scope you are looking for, but you might give this guy a shout. I've had good luck with him.
Unfortunately he doesn't have one and has been able to get one in about a year. He said the US retailers have tried to get Zeiss to continue them but the Germans are hard headed.

Scotty - I suppose the Leupold may sit on top of my 338-06 but I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Zeiss on ebay and other forums. I just wish the Leupold 2.5-8 was one of the VX3's they are offering the CDS turrets with!! It would be a no-brainer if they did that! :)

Scott,

Contact Ziess and see if they can help you locate a scope.

I do agree with Scotty, The VX-3 2.5-8x36 is a tereffic scope. Very bright with excellent clariity. It is one of my favorite scopes. I have no trouble using this scope on a 6 inch black bullseye at 500 yds. It is really all the scope you would need for deer up to 500 yds, maybe even more.

JD338

Back