Wondering what to do with a zuccini

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
Take some zuccini, tomato, onion, butter, salt, pepper and mozzerela cheese. Cut the 1st 3 items into thin slices.

One layer of zuccini, then one layer of tomato, some onion spread around, a few pats of butter, salt and pepper with a layer of cheese on top.

Keep layering items until casserole dish is full. Cover and bake at 350 for about an hour. Poke a fork into the casserole to make sure everything is cooked through.

Get some nice crusty bread, ladel some of the casserole into a bowl and enjoy.

Long

I am a HUGE fan of zuccini bread! Great stuff!!

3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

-In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

-Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool.

Long,

Fry up some bacon cut up in 1/2" pieces, add some minced garlic and onions.
When the onions are clear, add a can of diced tomatoes and 2/4" slices of zucchini and let simmer for about 15 min.
Dish on top of some angle hair pasta and squeeze a wedge of lemon on it.
You can also add some Parmesan cheese if you like.

Pretty good, quick and easy too. :wink:

JD338

Zucchini is certainly a versatile vegetable. Mild, it takes up the flavour of whatever is used in the dish. Excellent fare, zucchini.

Ah,,,, The good ole bread. That always means hunting season is here!

I'm bad with the chocolate, My wife will make small loafs of chocolate chip / zucchini bread. My buddy & I will split one in the morning as we walk out of camp & have it for a quick breakfast.
The freezer is stocked.

Well, I guarentee that if you hit the end of a "zuccini" with a balistic tip at 100yds you wont have to grind it to make pickled relish. :lol: :lol: That by the way is my favorte way eat zuccini. Havent talked the wife into letting me "process" it that way but Im certain it would work. :wink: CL

CL,

I take it this is theory at this point? Or are you speaking from experience? Collecting the pureed zucchini would be a mess.

DrMike":2ce39dr6 said:
CL,

I take it this is theory at this point? Or are you speaking from experience? Collecting the pureed zucchini would be a mess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JD338

Hey, how many ligh bulbs did Edison blow up...??? Yeah its still theoretical. Maybe if Iput the "z" in a can with a bullseye on it.....

Wife loves it beer battered or panko or tempura what ever you want to call it especially dipped in ranch after you stir in some siracha sauce ( the red stuff with the rooster)

Back