Your bucket list handgun?

I also have a Scandium Model 317 .22 S&W kit gun which is a pretty accurate and practical gun to have around.

I can think of two or three:

One would be a Korth. I've never even seen one but it is Reuter to be the finest revolver in the world.

Another would be a Freedom Arms 353 or 454. These I have seen, and they sure are impressive to a fellow who thinks Colt SAAs are mighty fine.

A must have to me is a Woodsman Sport Model, I think it was the third issue that has the mag release on the frame like a 1911, and a 4-1/2 inch barrel. My grandfather had one, and when he passed my uncle who does not appreciate firearms and doesn't know how to take care of one ended up with it. I have seen it fairly recently and in less than 20 years it has degenerated from near-pristine to scandalously neglected condition. Makes me angry!

.280 Remington":3n0q5w5c said:
There is a "certain" Kimber 1911 that was given to a "certain" type of US Military member. I have only seen one and they are about as BA as you can get. I'm sure Scotty knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Like this?

KimberDetOne.jpg

DetOneOutfitted.jpg

That one doesn't see much daylight really. Just means too much to me.

cloverleaf":2rncz261 said:
H&R Super sealed six- 8 shot top break 22 with a six inch barrel- Yes I know, Im weird. CL

Found one this afternoon...well close anyway. An H&R 999 Sprotsman (top break .22) Some pitting, but a nice long barrel and a $350 price tag :shock:. Fortunately for me, It just didnt feel right in my hand (i'd never even held one before :) - just like the look and the way it works). So it goes.... :) CL

If Sig would make the P220 in 10mm Auto, I'd be first in line. Until then, I think I'm good on pistols. I still might pick up a P229 or Mk25 for the wife (She was in the Navy for 8 years), but I have a hard time spending more than $600 on a pistol. They're a limited use item for me.

Sigs are my passion but if you're in the market for a kick azz 10mm this is it!

Single/double action and fit is second to none!
Eaa Witness I love mine

2011-06-11095950.jpg

I think if I was going to buy another semi auto pistol, it would be a Sig-Sauer .40 S&W. They seem really solid and I have a .40 S&W revolver already.

I have the P226 in 9mm. I am thinking of buying the 40 and 357 sig conversion kit for it.

That is the beauty of the Sig system, you can convert to other calibers with a barrel kit. I have smaller hands and would probably buy the single column Model 220 instead.

Went elk/deer/bear hunting in the Franck Church Wilderness several years ago. One of the guys in camp had a Freedom Arms revolver in 454 Casul, a real beauty. That would be at the top of my bucket list.

I have handled a few FA revolvers. Man talk about quality!

Dang this is a tough one. There's the if money were no object category then there's the realistic part.
Realistically i'll say a Ruger SA in .32 H&R Magnum. And if they make a Bisley with a 4 5 /8" barrel
I can die a happy pistol dude.
A pre 29 S&W would be icing on the cake.
If money were no object which implies the time to shoot the things, I'd be a high end collector of all things S&W revolvers

Oldtrader3":9vo5g3in said:
I think if I was going to buy another semi auto pistol, it would be a Sig-Sauer .40 S&W. They seem really solid and I have a .40 S&W revolver already.

Oldtrader....

I have 4 Sigs......

P220 in 45acp
P229 in 40S&W
P238 in .380 (actually my wife's)
P238 in 40 S&W

A 155 grainer out of the 40 has zero problems knocking down steel poppers.; I do like them.

Back