zeiss diatal-c...west germany

Feb 18, 2011
Looking at a couple zeiss scopes, one is a 6X32 other is a 4X32 - both in as new condition, they are the diatal-c made in west Germany. Has anyone had experience with these scopes? Since they are older what could they compare with today? Are the West Germany Zeiss Optics the top of the heap?

They may not be top of the class but they are definitely in the upper esiholon :wink:
I think that Swarovski is top but that is just my opinion.

Blessings,
Dan

Zeiss made the Conquest and Diavari C (variable) and Diatal (fixed power) scopes in Germany (marked T*) until 1996. Then they moved the manufacturing, with European components to the US and called it Conquest MC for the variable and began phasing out of the fixed power and lower power variable scopes altogether after 1996 until about 2005. The only way you can tell when the Diatal scopes were made is by serial number, by design and appearance.

I have a Diavari V/VM that was made in about 1996. It looks very much like the Diavari V/VM made now and it cost $1500 when I bought it. The Diavari's that were German made and are a different grade of scope than the Conquest. I also owned a Diavari C scope which was German made and cost about $600 in 1985 when I bought it. It had T* lenses and a rubber cover on the 36mm objective lens. My second son has this scope now and it is still going strong despite being almost 30 years old.

Back