Go Pro camera for bowhunting / hunting / fishing

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Looking for a good quality camera such as a Go Pro or Garmin for bow hunting / hunting, etc. I would spend upwards of 450 bucks and looking for zoom, slow motion, and nice quality videos / pics. Any recommendations is appreciated, thanks

I've never run any of them; however, a number of our clients have brought go pro to Alaska. They have really obtained some great stills and video with the system.
They are so popular our pilot has mounts on both the float and wheel planes.
They are pretty tough also. Had a client drop one on a gravel bar as we walked to the plane. As we took off we ran over it. Two days later we flew into the same place to fish, hoping we could recover the camera. Ran over the damn thing again. There was video of it falling to the ground, being run over the first time and getting sniffed by a bear.

Another friend actually suspended a go pro on his fishing line while fishing for silvers. Hooked a silver and the line broke. Two days later the fish was caught again, go pro still attached. I don't recall how many hours of video was captured, I've seen some of it, and it was fascinating. He has a tv show, some of the video will show up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back