First try with Accubonds

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Got a chance to put some 130 grain Accubonds down range.
A couple pics of the new shooting bench. It is actually is too short for me so the riser gets the gun up where I like it. Decided not to put a permanent height adjustment so the Grandkids can use the bench also.
Made a scope adjustment after shooting the Ballistic Tips yesterday.
I know they aren’t all touching but these will work for my hunting needs.
Also remember this is a rifle/scope combo purchased for less than $400 and as is right out of the box.

The bench isn’t level at this point. Tried some cinder blocks under the front but they were too tall.
Will get some patio blocks and see if they help.
85cae8e757032f5b0322032b3282d22d.jpg

57a20f4a8cf9e0f64da93137dba19822.jpg

acc11890e3388dc0d12fc8d51dcffe33.jpg

b37944d588c15185e91a8edc5c62814c.jpg

2fef3514e71dab950ae22ed574397c7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, that should work just right in the Western Oregon country. I see the sun was shining, not a common experience for this time of the year. I looks beautiful.

Have you tried seating depth changes? In my experience with the only rifle I am shooting Accubonds in, 264 Win mag 130 gr, they like to jump a ways to the lands. Might try a seating depth ladder and you may find even better accuracy.

Thing I live about accubonds is they have never been hard to get to shoot I too agree nothing wrong with that group at all

Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found the AB's to be the most consistently accurate and easy to develop good loads for bullet since they first came out.
Their on-game performance has been fantastic!
On recovered bullets, I routinely find them to have expanded at 1.5 times their original diameter and to retain 90-95% of their original weight, regardless of caliber.
Hands down my favourite bullet!

Great start, congrats. They are doing well already so you probably don't have to change anything but if you do want to tweak a bit with seating depth it might shoot even tighter.

Like Blkram I too really like the Accubonds in both the accuracy and on-game performance. It has been outstanding.

Back