BC Hunting/Firearms, Question

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
So I may be heading to BC for a project, camp project on a 20 on and 10 off rotation, we would get there and do the proper 14 day quarantine but the with the current border situations I wouldn't be able to come home on my days off because on my return I would have to quarantine for another 14 days being as I left the country. So looking to see what I can do on my 10 days off. So with the research I've done so far is that I would be a non-resident alien and would need a guide to do any sort of hunting. I haven'y looked at availability of tags yet. The main question would be how to get the rifle there as I couldn't bring it up and keep it with me, where I will be at camp. I am assuming buying one there is not an option but what about renting/borrowing? but is it worth it...
The other option may be to just fish, camp, and canoe.
Thanks
Slim

I'm heading out soon but will check in later. Unless you have a close family member to host you you will need a guide. The good news is I bet you will easily be able to find an outfitter who could take you out since they haven't had any clients because of the virus. Most outfitters have a firearm you can borrow so you would e good to go.

Lot's of opportunity for fishing, camping etc that you don't need a guide for. Where abouts are going to be working?

gerry":wdu9mfkf said:
Lot's of opportunity for fishing, camping etc that you don't need a guide for. Where abouts are going to be working?

The camp is at Kemano, fly into to Terrace catch the boat at Kitimat

You're landing in my home town so I'll be able to give you some info. Great fishing in Kemano as well after work days. Crawling with grizzlies though which makes things interesting :lol: Rains a lot and in the winter it snows a ton there. Lot's of mountain goats there too.

Gerry is full of good info re BC.

You can't take a rifle with you? Bummer.

Seems like a good job. Enjoy!

Guy

Yes the job would be pretty cool, but the travel restrictions not so much being as the wife and kids will be staying in the states. I cant have any firearms at the work camp and not knowing where i will be on yet on my days off I'll have to get there and see if i can figure out if there is a way to get one of mine up there(if we actually get choosen for the project)

Well we make it up, sitting in our 14 day quarantine. We were able to get a nice place. And very isolated a heli skiing lodge

Attachments

• 20200711_103517.jpg
    20200711_103517.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 448
  • 20200710_194028.jpg
    20200710_194028.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 448
Looks almost as if you were sitting atop Canoe Mountain looking down on Kinbasket Lake. Enjoy the stay.

Back