New .45

Jar Head

Beginner
May 7, 2006
Hi Fellas, Here is my first time out w/ my new Kimber. Not the greatest but not bad for a out of the box gun & cheap hardball ammo. This is a great pistol , the workmanship & tolerances are better than the other 1911's I have owned including my Colt.
Take Care,
Jar Head

Oops! I messed up posting the picture... First time trying this.
8S72Ggsy5z-UZf_lex3mbLX3Eh7V-rtR
[/img]

Beautiful pistol, Congrats! :grin:

I have been dreaming about getting a Kimber for awhile now. Went by the new Sportsman Warehouse and played with the Kimber Pro TLE II (LG) the other day. I think I'm in love :lol:

A good 1911 is a joy to own and shoot! :grin: Kimber made a great 1911, affordable, and built right - at the factory here in the USA. They get my respect. I think you're going to enjoy that gun. Here's mine, bought new in 1997 when they first came out. It's led a rough life... :grin:

Kimber45.jpg

Somehow mine's just not nearly as good-looking as yours!

Regards, Guy

Hey Guy, What is the skinny on your Kimber ? I know that Kimber was in Oregon at one time or another & is now in NY. Is yours a OR vintage? What is the difference between now & then?

Kimber started making their 1911's in New York as far as I know.

This was the first one I ever saw, when they were introduced in 1997. Night sights weren't offered by Kimber then, so I got a set of Heinie Straight-8 night sights installed. Other than that, with 10 years of constant carry and use the only things I've replaced are the grip panels a few times and the recoil & firing pin springs a couple of times a year.

This thing has been carried a lot, and shot a lot, and keeps working great!

Regards, Guy

Thanks for the info guy!
I have been using it at our local range with my local practical gun club. I'm not really into the race guns but practicing w/ the local IPSC is a lot of fun & kind of reminds me of my M.O.U.T instructor days when I was in the Corps. Pistol works great with hard ball or hollow points, money well spent.

Jar Head

Back